hf1

Would you put your boy in a girly nappy?

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Would you put your boy in a girly nappy?

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Yep, I would. DD has blue and green nappies and a few with cars or planes on them after all, and I don't see that as any kind of problem. We don't know the sex of Bump but if it turns out to be a boy, I wouldn't refuse to use some of our perfectly functional nappies on him 'just because' they are pink or a bit girly.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Max had a lot of pink nappies because they were India's old ones. He also wore pink babygrows, pink sleeping bags and still has pink bedding :wink:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 pm

We have a couple of pink pocket nappies but that is only because the seller described them as red :( Ed wears them, but not as often as other nappies but that's mainly because they're minky and pink and fluffy is a bit much haha.
Also Ed is a redhead and pink definitely does not compliment him.

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 pm

yup! i would! My girly has 'boyish' clothes and nappies. i love 'earthy' colours. my favourite newborn outfit for her was brown cord dungarees!!
I was really sad when i worked in a nursery and a little boy told me he couldn't use the pink crayons, 'coz daddy says thats for girls, and im a boy'. :shock: :x its a colour.

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:25 pm

My DP looks great in pink, so do our boys!

My avatar
TwoMummies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TwoMummies » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:38 pm

I wouldn't mind at all!

My son Brandon's favourite colour is pink, and that's at 7 years old.

I wouldn't go as far as glitter and frills etc. lol but pink or girly nappies are fine. You don't see them under clothes
anyway so why not.

We have bought both boyish prints and girly prints and would use them all no matter what sex our next one is.

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Just wanted to add..... I'm not keen on 'Daddy's Lil' Princess' stuff for boys or girls. But colours are for everyone!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Interesting reading....

In Western culture, the practice of assigning pink to an individual gender began in the 1920s or earlier. An article in the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department in June 1918 said: "The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl." From then until the 1940s, pink was considered appropriate for boys because being related to red it was the more masculine and decided color, while blue was considered appropriate for girls because it was the more delicate and dainty color, or related to the Virgin Mary. Since the 1940s, the societal norm was inverted; pink became considered appropriate for girls and blue appropriate for boys, a practice that has continued into the 21st century.

:wink:

My avatar
Popster
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Popster » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:02 pm

I would and I do. My baby is a boy and my child above him in the family order is a girl. He wees in them and he will happily do that in any colour of nappy :)

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat