hf1

Need suggestions....

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:49 pm

Well it took me all day to decide on what to buy!!

I have bought 1 x Ella's house hemp nappy (it does have a fleece lined pocket), 1 x easypeasy bumble, a PUL wrap and a fleece wrap both tots bots> the fleece one said it was quite a lieght weight fleece so good for summer so I got that one!

Hope it works <crosses fingers> as I can't really afford anymore nappies nor do i have the space loL!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:17 pm

The bumble and the Ellas house sound great, I'm soooo pleased they are doing it with a pocket now, I wish I needed more night nappies!! I boost with 4 layer of hemp (a eh hemp booster doubled over) and a mf cloth tripled or quadrupled depending on the size of them, you'll just need to experiment as to how much you need, maybe even add 2 cloths the first night to see how much she needs, then if you don't need it don't add the next night. Don't forget too that it will be different in that you will have the whole nappy wet where you won't be used to feeling that, rest assured with the fleece next to her she will be dry and as long as it doesn't leak out all is good!!

I hope you get on with the tots wraps. In the pul Motherease ones are generally deemed to be the most reliable but alot of people do get on with the tots ones (the bindings are made from different material thats where the big difference comes in). I haven't tried a fleece wrap since Louis was tiny and didn't get on with it but I think that was more that he was so small and not moving at all causing wicking. Now I love my wool and fleece does pretty much the same thing.

Awwww good luck, I hope you find a solution that works for you guys.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:01 pm

I nearly bought the motherease ones but didn't like the look of them! doh! well they were nice but nicer for boys iykwim! now i wish i had oh well!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:00 pm

I wouldn't worry till you see how you get on, at least if you are aware they dont' work for everyone then you won't be dissapointed if they don't iyswim and you can always use it in the day with an unboosted bumble or bumhugger as they are pretty cute (which pattern did you get?)! Or sell it as hardly worn, you'll get back most of your money! Sorry wish I'd had more time earlier to post a longer post :oops: :oops: .

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:08 pm

cherobanne wrote:Hi Hannah, if you get a bambeasy directly from easypeasynappies.co.uk you can get a popper one.

Although nippas really are easy to use and give the best fit! Ask Nic, she got brave recently and tried one! :wink:

HTH

Joanne

Yes i love my nippa, in fact Evie wearing her nippa'd nappy tonight. I only have one nippa as i only have the one nippa nappy but now i know i like them next time i order a nappy i will get a nippa'd one. :D

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:45 pm

Hannah, just to let you know I love Georgias tots wrap just as much as the mother-ease ones, hope you like yours too :D

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:18 pm

Phew thanks Karen! lol

Well I hope they don't take too long to arrive cos these 2am nappy changes are tiring me out!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:39 am

Hannah, did you try putting an extra hemp booster in???

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:09 am

I did that last night! and it's blummin worked! can't believe it. She slept right through not even a mummur!

I just spent £35 on nappies and wraps and all she needed was another hemp booster!!!!!!!!

tbh though she has got a sore bum so she could probably do with something a bit more airy. ho hum!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat