hf1

Came to a decision today

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Came to a decision today

Postby monsterm » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:58 am

We have come to the end of our cloth nappy journey. I've been persevering with it for a few weeks now. She is filling her nappies in one wee & more often then not, it is leaking & leaving a massive puddle on the floor too. I think it is too late to be replacing all her day nappies with heavy wetter night nappies & tbh I can't afford to do it either. So I came to the decision that she is 2 today so it's a good time to stop & reduce my washing a bit.

I'm a bit :cry: today because I love cloth but I think we've made the right decision for us. Also my baby is no longer a baby so I'm really feeling it :cry: :cry: Hopefully she will be potty trained very soon because I hate adding to landfill, she is showing all the signs just need to get her to pee on the potty. Anyone know how to stop the nappy ticker counting?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Came to a decision today

Postby Louise » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:06 am

:hug: :hug: To change your ticker just click on edit and enter a date under "date your child stopped using cloth nappies."

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:09 am

Just wanted to :hug: as don't like to think of anyone :cry: and hate to read and run

:hug: :hug: :hug:
xx

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:56 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: I'm rapidly coming to a similar decision. I'm changing Dexter at least every hour at the moment and we're still getting caught out with leaks and wet clothes :-?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:46 pm

:hug: tbh this is one of the reasons I started PT DD. It took 5 weeks but she's now fully dry in the day. Might be worth a try.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Awwww hun. When you asked how to stock the ticker counting it made me feel realy sad :-( (huge hugs) x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Allie wrote::hug: :hug: :hug: I'm rapidly coming to a similar decision. I'm changing Dexter at least every hour at the moment and we're still getting caught out with leaks and wet clothes :-?

That's exactly what we are like Allie. It's so frustrating but it's just been getting worse & worse.

We are going to start potty training proper on Monday before dd1 has to get back to school so hopefully we'll get there.

Thanks for the hugs ladies & thanks Louise for telling me how to stop the ticker counting. The ticker has stopped counting now. 3570 wow :shock: It's nice to be able to have it there still though.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:49 pm

We are starting to PT Max on Monday too for this very reason. He has gone from a really light wetter to soaking through everything in about an hour. I'm not going to change a whole stash when he could be potty trained (just the manufacturing/shipping emissions wouldn't make it worthwhile for a month or two).

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:09 pm

:hug: :hug: I stopped putting Sandy in cloth a wee while ago for the same reason, but after two or three weeks I reverted back to them, I missed them and I hated shelling out for sposies, they are so expensive! I'm having to change every hour and a half but it's not so bad.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat