Nappy pailing and wetbags

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Nappy pailing and wetbags

Postby katyav » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:03 am

Hello,
I have been using cloth for 6 months now so I feel that I should know more about this! :oops: So far I've used a smallish bucket to store our dirty nappies in, it hardly holds a day's worth of nappies and is always overflowing, not an issue now cause ebf poo doesn't smell, but we have started :blw: so I should probably sort this before my house starts having a certain aroma :puke: :hohoho:
I was thinking of using a big wetbag but I wash every 2/3 days and go through quite a few nappies (LO is very prone to rashes so I change her every 2 hours or so), is there a wetbag big enough to hold that many nappies? Or what bucket would you recommend - what size should I be looking for? :lookround:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Nappy pailing and wetbags

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:07 am

I got a big toy bucket from Wilkinsons for £2.99 that holds 2/3 days worth of nappies that I used for my others. I now use a WeeHugger laundry bag or an XL monkeyfoot. I think Swaddlebees make a huge wetbag too that also holds several days worth of nappies.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:10 am

I recommend XL monkeyfoot wetbags they are amazing and you can cram loads of nappies in there. The only bad point is they are sooo cute you will have a new shopping addiction wanting to get all the different fabric prints and sizes.
We have 2 XL , 1 M and 1 small . I use the small for CSP. We get on find with the 3 but could do with another couple really. They also do double wet bags , fancy one of them!

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:32 am

I found 1 nappy bucket was ok when DD was tiny and I washed every other day. Bigger nappies take up more room now. I also use the 'nappy bucket' for wet clothes (for baby) breast pads, csp and bibs so it does get quite full. But then again I don't like putting on a half load just for a few nappies. As a result we are now using 2 nappy buckets and washing every 2/3 days with one in cloth. Sometimes we need to use the medium wet bag too.

Want to try a XL wetbag and see what it holds though :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:36 am

I just used a bucket I got in Ikea x

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:32 am

I was thinking about the XL monkeyfoot wetbags, I wasn't sure whether they would be big enough... but maybe I can pair it with the bucket I already have! Which one is the Ikea one you're using Kirtsyh? I'm meant to go there in a few days time so might have a look for that one.
I'm assuming I'll need something with a lid to keep smells in... I was at a birthday party yesterday and one of the ladies changed her 1 year old son and the smell was awful :puke: :puke: I hear people say that sposies smell worse, I hope that's true cause I can't imagine having a bucket full of stinky nappies like that one in my house!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:34 am

XL monkey foot wetbags are huge. Hold a good 2 days worth of nappies at least.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:15 am

monsterm wrote:XL monkey foot wetbags are huge. Hold a good 2 days worth of nappies at least.

Yep 2/3 days worth here, same as the WeeHugger. And sposies definitely smell a lot worse than cloth.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:32 am

disposables stink, i think it's the chemicals. pooey!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat