New nappy suggestions?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

New nappy suggestions?

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:53 am

Morning all,

I'm after some suggestions for some new nappies to try out on Iris, who's about 12 lbs now (she's not been weighed for a couple of weeks) and nearly 12 weeks old.

I'm after some suggestions for wool (I think I'm favouring longies, as the weather's only going to get worse!), night nappies and pockets. But let me know your favourites - I'm open to all ideas!

Thank you,
Nichola

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: New nappy suggestions?

Postby Natalie » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:05 am

Id go for Longies now too as we just done seem to be having a summer! Night nappies we love Holdens Landings Bedbug and Jimmy Riddles fitteds.

Personally i dont like using pockets at night as its the only type of nappy which has leaked over night for us x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:56 am

Hi Nicola - longies are a great idea - if you get some knitted a little long for now, they can still be used as crops for the spring/summer, so you should get some great wear out of them. Ali (Babyroo) on here knits, her shop is Pixie Knits, I have a pair of her shorties and they are great. I also have a knitted soaker from Julie of Tempestuous Poppets and it is also fab. Or how about knitting your own - I bought wool from MamaLongLegs, and even as someone who hadnt knitted in years, I made a great pair of longies (even if I do say so myself :lol: ) and I also bought some Blue Faced Leicester wool and made a pair of shorts which are also great.

Night nappies - we all have our favourites. Our first night nappies were Nappies by Minki which are a pocket, and they can be stuffed with whatever you need to last the night. Then I went onto Greenkids Anytime pockets with their bamboo insert and their bamboo booster which was fantastic until Evie outgrew them in the rise at about 18 months (then she is very long), Now we use Bumhuggers boosted with hemp and microfibre, and wool longies, shorties, soaker, or PUL over the top.

Pockets - again, we all have our favourites. Birth to potty for me has to be Bumgenius, sized, fuzzi bunz. For something special how about an Itti Bitti (prob medium for Iris), or an Iish Fly (can buy from Teehee Baby website).

HTH - and enjoy nappy buying :D

Sadie xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:16 am

Another pixi knits vote here for your longies.
Night nappies - My all time favourite is our slinki minki. We also have night notions to use under wool, but I find I can get detergent build up in these quicker than the minki's.
Pockets - a bumgenius is very good, although the lack of pattern is starting to frustrate me. See if you can get your hands on a PBPD - they are beautiful nappies. Iish Fly do an Ai2 - and that is very nice.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:55 pm

Thanks for the replies, ladies. Sorry I've been MIA: we have mobile broadband (via Vodafone) and when the weather's bad, our internet connection gets so slow it's almost impossible to use. Just to clarify - the pockets would be for day use. They're DH's fave type of nappy, so I'm after getting something that keeps him on board. :)

Natalie - I've contacted Jimmy Riddles. Will see what Elizabeth's reply is. Thanks for that suggestion. I've looked on the Holden's Landing website. I think I might have to stalk a bedbug or look for second hand - are they really charging $1000 for in-stock nappies?! Eeek!

Sadie - I never thought about knitting longies. Doh! I cannot knit, but my MIL is a whiz, so I may ask her to knock up a pair. I will look into an Itti Bitti or an Iish Fly - they look nice.

Rae – I’ve been looking at a Night Notions. I think I may be tempted to try one out! Agreed about the Bumgenius – very functional, but not very pretty.
I’ll have a look at a PBPD – although DH might start to worry about my buying habits if I need to import nappies! :lol:

Thanks again. :)

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:40 am

Hiya. No the bedbug's aren't $1000 lol, if you click on the listing, don't buy it. You'll see a url for a yahoo group. Join the yahoo and you add your order to the database. For a m/l bedug in bamboo velour its $33 + shipping of £6

Carolyn xx

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:03 pm

Carolyn - thanks for that. Must admit, I didn't click on the listing - I got scared off by the price. :lol: Have requested membership of the group. Thanks again. :)

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 am

No problem, i think....i mean i know my dh would have had a fit if i'd paid that much! They are gorgeous, i've got one bedbug and one dreamscape. Plus one of each on order too. They're really as gorgeous as they look!
Carolyn xx

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:21 pm

My favorite pocket is STILL the p'tits dessous mini-maxi. It's the most awesome onesize nappy, and the only one I've found that doesn't show builders bum at the later stages!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat