hf1

Cloth nappies not coming up clean

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cloth nappies not coming up clean

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 pm

we we're getting smells as we were using too little powder. I now use a scoop that I got out of a vanish box that holds 60ml of powder wich is about 1/3-1/2 of the recomended amount of powder to use and I now wash on 60, and we havent had any smells, and we havent had to do a strip wash since. Sometimes too little powder can be the problem rather than too much :wink:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:50 pm

You can get a free scoop from Fairy if you go on their website that's good for measuring v

My avatar
mummytochloe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummytochloe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 pm

red_dwarf wrote:we we're getting smells as we were using too little powder. I now use a scoop that I got out of a vanish box that holds 60ml of powder wich is about 1/3-1/2 of the recomended amount of powder to use and I now wash on 60, and we havent had any smells, and we havent had to do a strip wash since. Sometimes too little powder can be the problem rather than too much :wink:

so do you use 3 scoops of it?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I use 60ml which is one of the vanish scoops for about 15-20 nappies. I use bold 2in1 do a cold rinse then a hot long wash at 60, then 1 or 2 rinses. How long is the wash that you put them on. mine is over 2hrs. its the cotton wash and I just reduce the temp from 90 to 60 as thats the longest wash my machine does.

My avatar
mummytochloe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummytochloe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:40 pm

ok so with inserts ect prob about the right amount of powder for me as well.

and yes its a long 60degree cotton wash

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:46 pm

That includes inszerts as well lol. I have a 8kg machine so there is enough space for them to movearround during the wash which is important too.

My avatar
mummytochloe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummytochloe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:49 pm

ok thanks in my water area should be using around 125 for full load so 60 sounds about right

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat