Nappy advise for a chunky monkey please

My avatar
loulabellexxxx
Clothie
Clothie

Nappy advise for a chunky monkey please

Postby loulabellexxxx » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi all
My son is 9months and weighs 25llbs, hes on the 98th centile, i want to start using cloth nappies on him but not sure which would be best for the little tubs, I used tots bots bamboozles on my daughter and got on ok with them but tried them on him and they leaked badly, I would really like to try using pockets or aio/ai2 with him ,any advise on nappies that are better for the chubbier legged baby would be greatly appreciated
lol the poor boys gonna get a complex!
lou xx

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Nappy advise for a chunky monkey please

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Eddie is 91st centile with chubby legs and slim tummy.
We love Totsbots Flexitots with a sidesnap wrap. I find that the ME Rikki wraps rub his thighs horribly. We also find that wool is better as it stretches.
We now tend to go for sidesnap on all nappies and wraps as I can tighten the thighs and waist separately.

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Or try a nappy with velcro fastening? You can tighten them as much as you want then?

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:37 am

My boys were both very large with huge thighs. I found that nippa fastening nappies gave the greatest flexibility. Bumbles are great as the fleece lining rolls out around the legs and is nice and soft :-) We found that tots wraps were the only ones that didn't mark his legs, but that was a while ago and things like thirsties were not available. It is a bit a case of trial and error to find what works!

For pockets we love happy Heineys - they give a great fit on tall rise chunky thighed children :-)

Good luck!

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:52 am

:wave: i also have a 98th percentile chunky monkey and he's also 98th for length too so we have a bit of a nightmare regarding clothes and nappies :roll:
side snaps do not really work at all for us :(
i definitely recommend velcro over snaps as there is more play in fastening them to fit :)
we love flips and easy fits they fit beautifully !!

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:20 am

Firstly, don't bother with BTPs. Fitted nappies are the way to go. Velcro fastenings can be good as you can angle them downwards and inwards allow more room for the thighs but a closer fit around the tum. I love nippa fastening Diddy Diapers as they give LOADS of space around the thighs. I know where you're coming from as my LO had 14" thighs at one point!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat