hf1

Cloth for a newborn

My avatar
Mrs rc
Clothie
Clothie

Cloth for a newborn

Postby Mrs rc » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:52 am

We're expecting our second baby and although early days I am starting to think about using cloth from birth this time.

I have lots of newborn/small wraps from last time which hardly got used and now LUcas is 17 months he's mostly in onesize pockets.

What might be best for anewborn for day and night use? I was thinking a folded muslin as a prefold with a wrap to start with? What about overnight?!

Any advice appreciated!

A
x

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Cloth for a newborn

Postby becky1978 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:02 am

For the newborn stage I loved diddy diapers, xs owewhoahwhens and kissaluvs for fitteds and teenyfits for pockets.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:02 am

In the first couple of weeks, I found a muslin Chinese folded in a small wrap worked well, I also had a couple of Lil' Joeys which were great (but after a couple of weeks she would out-pee them pretty quickly!), a lot of people like tots bots teeny fit, and I found that Rumparooz onesize goes small enough to get a nice fit on a newborn. Hope that helps!

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 am

my little one never slept through the night until about 6 weeks so night nappies won't be the top of my list for baba no2! we only started using cloth at about 6 weeks but little lambs were amazing then - fitted perfectly. i've got my stash ready to start when our next baby comes. xxx

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:35 pm

We like Diddy Diapers, Thirsties, Sandys, Teenyfits, Real Easy XSs and BG AIO XSs. We used them from birth.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Muslins would have been totally useless on my heavy wetting newborn so I wouldn't recommend relying solely on them. Small bamboo terries or prefolds would probably be better if you're looking for a cheaper option. Before I deiscovered the loveliness of WAHM nappies DD2 wore diddy diapers, bimbles and bambeasies. DD3 has only worn WAHM nappies and I loved my XS Owe Woah Whens and Newborn Hollow Oaks for the first few weeks. I also had some Holdens Landings and Dunk n Fluff fitteds and a few Wee Notions pockets. Once she was sleeping for about 5/6 hours a night I used Little Gumnut All Hours nappies and still use them now.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:47 pm

I'd say muslin to begin with even of a night your changing so often.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:23 pm

I loved our bg aio xs & teeny fits.
I didn't discover oww fitted & wool till Eleanor was a little bit bigger, but wish we'd had some xs oww - they are fab nappies.
Im rediscovering prefolds at the moment - love the simplicity of them. With some tiny wraps they would be a good alternative from birth.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Bumps stash mainly consists oh OWW, HL's, DnF, a few teenyfits and little lambs x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat