hf1

Do you change nappies upstairs or downstairs? :)

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Do you change nappies upstairs or downstairs? :)

Postby Nimyue » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:56 pm

With cloth I usually just change upstairs. I do keep my going out bag fully stocked with a wet bag, and sometimes in the evenings I'm too lazy to go upstairs so I just use the stuff out of the bag. However, our changing station is in the nursery room, but DD still sleeps with us so I keep a basket of changing things and move it out of the nursery when DS goes to bed. You could do a similar thing. I keep the spray bottle, fleece wipes, toweling wipes, boosters and 1-2 nappies in the basket. In the morning you could carry the basket downstairs, and take it back up in the evenings. I'd just keep a wet back somewhere downstairs and empty it in the evenings before bed time. It's not much different than sposies, the main thing is keeping the bucket upstairs and having a wet bag downstairs or visa versa.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 pm

I always changed upstairs because it was easy to keep all her supplies there in one place. Would have to have changing stuff out downstairs to do it down here and that would drive me batty.. if you put it away thats even more faff having to get it all out each time. So much easier to just nip upstairs.

Besides, its all extra exercise to shift those baby lbs x

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby cath » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:00 pm

We change downstairs during the day & upstairs to get her into her night nappy for bed. I have her daytime nappies and the nappy bucket downstairs and upstairs I just have her night nappies-I change her into her night nappy in her bedroom,put her to bed & then take the wet nappy downstairs to put in the bucket.

My avatar
ann_mk
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ann_mk » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Many thanks for all the advise... we won't have seperate nursery room for our little one as for probably first 2 years the baby will sleep with us as Julia did, especially as I want to bf long.

It makes sense to me to keep everything upstairs and just take few nappies downstairs and keep a wetbag in the cloakroom. I need to re-arrange our bedroom a little bit to find a space somewhere for the nappies stash :) My DH doesn't realise yet how much space it might take :) :) :)

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Always upstairs. Only exception is when my Mum stays cause she uses the babys room. Mind you now LO is older and in her cot Mum will have to deal with her in the morning :hohoho:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:55 pm

we generally changed upstairs - we keep everything in the nursery and had a cot top changer, in the middle of the night it was easier as we had a dimmer switch, and the nursery was right next to our room, plus the bathroom was nearby to wash my hands afterwards. As DD got older I would use my change bag downstairs in the same way as if I was out and about, and then just empty it all out at the end of the day and repack for the following day. I will do it the same way next time.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Well as I live in a dormer bungalow, and the boys bedroom is really the only room used upstairs, we always change downstairs :lol:

I have the main nappy stuff in the living room though as thats where we spend our time with the wet bag in the Utility room out of the way. I have a spare nappy and change of clothes in a change bag in the bedroom in case I need to change her overnight :)

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:06 am

Usually downstairs, just wherever we are really. Most of our nappies are kept upstairs anyway, but I have a drawer tower thingy downstairs that holds nappies, wipes, woollies and whatever else that I'd use in the day. The change mat lives behind the bookcase, it rarely comes out anyway though. I kept a wetbag upstairs for night-time nappy changes but that's not been necessary here for a long time.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:44 am

I live in a flat but when I'm away at parents house etc, I do like many people have said on here and keep a change bag downstairs (with a wetbag that goes into the bags built in wetbag bit...). If we were always in a house with a downstairs loo I think I'd probably swap and use a bag for last and first changes of the day, keeping the bucket and nappies downstairs. Totally depends on the layout though :) hope you find somewhere to store the nappies!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat