Right, talk to me about newborn nappies

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Right, talk to me about newborn nappies

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:01 pm

@kirstyh - you do have a lovely stash but Depends on the flavour!! :giggle:

@mrssproggit Will you find out again like with Anoushka?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:07 pm

docmaggoo wrote:@kirstyh - you do have a lovely stash but Depends on the flavour!! :giggle:

@mrssproggit Will you find out again like with Anoushka?

@docmaggoo my stash is all gender neutral :wink:

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Milly is a tiny little thing (just 7 lbs 12 at 2 months) and a heavy wetter to boot. I bought a variety of NB nappies to try but my favourite combination is a simple prefold with either a thirsties or weehuggers wrap. Great at bf poo containment and very economical.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:17 pm

@docmaggoo - Kirsty has the GN/boy stash and I have the girly ones so there's plenty to choose from :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mrssproggit » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:42 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

You ladies are hilarious!!! It'll be a while before I do actually buy any nappies - want to make sure all is well with bubs before I do that!

@docmaggoo I think we will try to find out the flavour of this one too. Depends if bubs (or "dino" as DH has nicknamed the poor thing already :roll: ) allows us to!

After early scan when we just saw a flutter of heartbeat, the sonographer said she couldn't tell us if there was just the one in there or two. DH is now rather worried... (I have twins in my side of the family) :shock: :hohoho:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Louise wrote:@docmaggoo - Kirsty has the GN/boy stash and I have the girly ones so there's plenty to choose from :wink: :giggle:

The perfect combo!! :giggle:
Eleanor has worn all of james' nappies that I kept as they were gender neutral. He only had 1 really boy one which was a present from @monkeyhanger on his 1st birthday (gorgeous weenotion with planes on) plus I've added loads of girlie ones ;)

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:40 pm

I never really got on with my teeny fits... but that was before I'd discovered LL boosters as they would have stopped the leaks! I found XS BG AIOs fab fab fab and would definitely recommend them! I also found that muslins (in a joy fold) and prefolds were great for stash boosting when I was going through 10 nappies a day. I didn't have little wool but that would have been useful- I just used small wraps. Oh, and my Flips fitted Rory from when he was 6lb7oz! I'd definitely recommend them as they are also fab for when you're going through nappies quickly as drying time is so fast!

Very exciting! I can't wait to build a newborn stash again!!! So happy for you :yahoo: :wine:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Louise wrote:@docmaggoo - Kirsty has the GN/boy stash and I have the girly ones so there's plenty to choose from :wink: :giggle:

And most of my pre-loved stash came from Louise

My avatar
monkeyhanger
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby monkeyhanger » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:49 pm

We have a shiney new bottom to swaddle in cloth (12 days old to be precise)
We took BG xs to hospital so the mw could cope with cloth and I knew i was having a cs.

We are now using TB cotton tots nippa as i got them really cheap and i know that i can hammer them with loads of washing/drying and I wasnt that fussed about them getting stained.

We use a mix of wraps in nb/xs/sz 0 from ME, cotton bottoms and TB.

TBH though - DS was born 9lb 4oz and the nb wraps are getting a bit snug -although the absorbancy is great as it looks like ive got another heavy wetter!! Might be moving onto my bamboozle stash fairly soon if his rate of widdling keeps up. :giggle:

PS Congrats on your :pregnant: :D really pleased for you both!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat