hf1

So what types of preloved nappies sell well? or badly?

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

So what types of preloved nappies sell well? or badly?

Postby jclmellor » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:59 am

i noticed that some preloved nappies sell for very cheap prices or next to nothing (e.g. on ebay or here on classifieds) such as me sandies, little lambs and fitted totsbots whereas others (pretties and Totsbots Easyfits) sell for quite expensive prices (e.g. close to the RRP). for example i had some new totsbots fluffles (rubbish i know!) and mother ease one size and couldn't shift them for love nor money so gave them away. :roll: :roll: :roll: whereas some pretty nappies (e.g. OWWs, DnF) have excellent resale value. i think the prettier the nappy or wrap/wooly, the quicker you can sell them and the higher the resale value will be. do people agree? :wave:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: So what types of preloved nappies sell well? or badly?

Postby rachymoo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Yep definitely. Little Lambs etc never really sell well (although bamboo sell better than the others). Yet I love them!

The prettier ones (dyed, embroidered etc) always sell better, that's why I dont mind too much about spending more on them as I know I'll get money back on them when I sell. Although I have noticed things havent been selling as well in the last few months (even Weenotions etc) so hopefully it'll pick up again! The only ones that seemed to get snapped up are OWW, as you say. I love mine too much to sell any time soon :)

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:09 pm

I disagree, i think actually whatever is in 'fashion' or 'the' nappy to have seems to sell its value better. Tots bots and the like are a bit old now - been around for years and considered a basic staple nappy so no one will pay much for them. Fancy ones will probably sell better, but they cost more too and so you have to charge more for them pre-loved... which means people cant always afford them.

I recall at one point my fancy Holdens Landing nappies were flying out and at good prices but by the time we had come to the end of nappying they werent really the nappy to have (OWW and others were by then) and so they were much harder to sell. Only managed to shift them in the end at rock bottom prices.

Its a very difficult market and i know this time i wont be going all out like i did last time.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 pm

I agree with Rox, it is what ever is "in fashion" although OWW seem great performance wise as well.
I am a few basics in my stash such as little lambs, I think they will always sell well as they are a good basic nappy x

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Rox wrote:I disagree, i think actually whatever is in 'fashion' or 'the' nappy to have seems to sell its value better. Tots bots and the like are a bit old now - been around for years and considered a basic staple nappy so no one will pay much for them. Fancy ones will probably sell better, but they cost more too and so you have to charge more for them pre-loved...

i suppose it's about how common/rare they are then - there are so many little lambs and tots bots on the market that they go for 10 a penny whereas the imported/limited edition/custom special ones are much harder to get hold of hence desired!

i love bamboo ll and totsbots because of the easy aplix with my wriggly DD and i got most of them for about £3 each. i've already bought my newborn stash and i got lots of teenyfit and pretties (these sell well and are gorgeous to use). i've got lots of post partum CSP that i'll try to sell when i'm done with it, but not sure what the resale value of this is lol! :wave: :wave: :wave:

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Well I spend hours on the classifieds :oops: I look at everything, I'd buy anything for the right price on there. There are specific things I look for, and it's not just the fancy ones, I look for bamboozles and bambinex (as I'm loving nippas atm). The problem right now for selling I think is that Christmas is coming up, and I know all my extra money is spoken for for gifts. Of course, that's probably why people are selling their fancy nappies!! I'll be seriously looking for more on the classifieds in Feb or so after recovering from the holidays, and I expect others will too.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Nimyue wrote:Well I spend hours on the classifieds :oops: I look at everything, I'd buy anything for the right price on there. There are specific things I look for, and it's not just the fancy ones, I look for bamboozles and bambinex (as I'm loving nippas atm). The problem right now for selling I think is that Christmas is coming up, and I know all my extra money is spoken for for gifts. Of course, that's probably why people are selling their fancy nappies!! I'll be seriously looking for more on the classifieds in Feb or so after recovering from the holidays, and I expect others will too.

or you could buy nappies as xmas gifts lol! that's what i've got my DD and her grandparents have bought some off here for her as well lol! x

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Well for Xmas I broke my rule and bought new :oops: DD needed some night nappies so I ordered some Little Gumnuts! I spent far too much money lol! She did need night nappies though, and I wanted to be sure I got something that wouldn't leak as she spends the last few morning hours in bed with me. I like my morning baby snuggles!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:08 pm

I'd say it was flavour of the month. Itti's sell far too high IMO compared to RRP compared to someothers.
It does seem to be pretties ATM but they are more desirable to own I suppose. I've only just discovered pre loved as have only bought 1 or 2 so far.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat