hf1

The start of my NB stash!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

The start of my NB stash!

Postby ems101 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Whilst in mothercare this morning, I found some smart nappies at 70% off. I know they get mixed reviews, but I got a starter kit - 4 wraps and 8 inserts for £12! The small size is 6-13lbs, so should be fine for a NB. Any thoughts on the smart nappy?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: The start of my NB stash!

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Haven't heard good reports about them at all but for that price you con't go wrong, they may turn out to be your dream nappy x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:10 pm

They didn't very well for us I'm afraid :(
The wrap gets wet with every change so you need a new one everytime.

I bought them when I was pregnant too but found better systems that worked.

The inserts are absorbent though so if you have problems with the wrap then you can still use the inserts

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:03 pm

docmaggoo wrote:The inserts are absorbent though so if you have problems with the wrap then you can still use the inserts

At least that!

And like Kirsty said, they were too much of a bargain, and if they dont work, not much lost eh?!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:52 pm

ems101 wrote:
docmaggoo wrote:The inserts are absorbent though so if you have problems with the wrap then you can still use the inserts

At least that!
And like Kirsty said, they were too much of a bargain, and if they dont work, not much lost eh?!

They are definitely a bargain!
Even if you have to use a new wrap each time, then that's fine too! I think I just had problems because I was using them exclusively & James was super skinny. If you've got other things in your stash you'll be fine!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:36 pm

I've no idea but at that price I would have bought them too, especially for a new-born :D

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:35 pm

I had smart nappies for my DD a few years ago. We quite liked them. They're OK as long as you accept they don't last much more than a few hours, and as pp said, you do have to change the wrap every time. But they are great stash fillers at that price :thumbsup:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:52 am

Never tried them but for £12 you can't go wrong. Even if they don't work you can always use the inserts as to boost other nappies or put them in pockets :wink:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:03 am

Emma1977 wrote:Never tried them but for £12 you can't go wrong. Even if they don't work you can always use the inserts as to boost other nappies or put them in pockets :wink:

WSS. They were a very good price even if they do end up just being inserts for other nappies.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat