hf1

Nappies for nursery

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Nappies for nursery

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:26 am

We used Blueberries as our main nappies for nursery (poppered ones) and they had no problems at all. When I had to work more hours I sent her in fitteds and wool as that was what we used at home, and they had no problems with that either, I just made sure it was one or the other each day (ie all fitteds or all pockets) rather than swapping systems iyswim.
If I needed to stretch my stash and use an odd nappy I would put it on in the morning, as then they just had to figure out how to undo it. We never had any problems.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:45 pm

we send 5 easyfits, reusable wipes and water in a tupperware each day. my schedule is so busy so i find it easier to make up all the nursery bags on sunday evening so i don't have to keep doing them each evening. for this we had to buy 20+ easyfits but that's okay, we bought them all preloved and it makes my life much easier. we use wool and fitteds at home but this didn't go down well at nursery so have stuck to easyfits x

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:49 pm

I like that idea! Think I will aim for that as I will need to be getting 2 off to nursery at once and I can get only so much done in an evening.

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:34 pm

I send ME sandys with ME airfow wraps and fleece liner. I tell them to change everything at every change and send them poppered on the right poppers so they know how tight to put them on. I have had no problems. Our nursery only changes at 11am and 3pm, but are more than happy to change the cloth I send every 3 hours at my request so they change at 10am, 1pm and 4pm (and immediately if she poos). I also send washable wipes which they wet with water and a wetbag for them to use.

Our nursery supply disposables and have never had a child in cloth other than my 2. My 2 have been changed by about 15 or so nursery nurses as Christopher was in cloth until 2 years and 10 months and never a single leaky nappy!

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:51 pm

11 and 3! that is not many changes at all! I like the idea of sending on the right poppers, will be sure to keep that in mind as well. Loads of good tips here. :wine:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Yep poppers should be fine as long as you tell them which poppers to do up, otherwise they will probably put them on too loosely :-? You could mark them, or just tell them to count, ie 2nd ones in on the top and 1st ones on the bottom :wink:

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:41 am

our nursery hates the bum genius! They favour the itti bittis or smartipants. I've also sent the odd side snap and they've figured them out.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat