hf1

Enough in my stash?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Enough in my stash?

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Don't gasp in horror but I have never owned any more than 25 day nappies so bare that in mind here! Also bare in mind that my smallest baby was 9lb 3oz so no NB sizes here :lol: Things are super tight financially and I have other bits to buy for baby too so here's what I have for bump so far:-

Fitteds
Small
Dunk N' Fluff x3
Made by Amber x3
Little Lamb x3

Medium
Made by Amber x1
OWW x2
Dunk N' Fluff x1
Holdens Landing x1
Puddlekins all hours x1

Pockets
Small
Swaddlebees AIO x1
Made by Amber AI2 x1

Medium
Itti Bitti AI2 x1
Wee Notions SS x1

One-size
Blueberry x1
Wee Notions x1
Itti Tutto x1

Wool
Small
Soaker x2
Longies x1

Wraps
Thirsties Duo x1
Blueberry x1

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Enough in my stash?

Postby KimmyM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Got k say I think I would have struggled with so few small sizes to begin with. How about bulking out with some pre folds.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Hmm - might be a bit tight even if you wash every day. I would get a few more basic fitteds eg little lamb etc and probably some more wraps. Actually I have some small wraps you could have FFP if you like? I think I have some ME airflow and rikki and a little lamb one.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:22 pm

I have a TB size one White if you want to cover postage. It hasn't been used just pre washed. :)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:26 pm

was going to say exactly the same thing. I would bulk it out with some prefolds/diddy diapers. The diddys are only £4.99 each new. Just had a look in classifieds and there are some quite cheep ones
[url=£20 for 12 prefolds and 3 wraps]http://www.clothnappytree.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=96244&hilit=prefold[/url]
[url=£1 each]http://www.clothnappytree.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=94225&hilit=prefold[/url]
you can fold the meduim prefold the wrong way so with the lines going across the nappy rather than folding with the lines. This shortens the prefold so would be good when baby is little, and can fold it the right way when baby gets bigger so it lasts longer :wink:
I would deffo get a couple of nippers if you get prefolds, cos the poo containment isnt great if you just pad fold when they are teeny and have those explosive poos

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:29 pm

I loved diddy diapers but wouldn't bother with a 9lb+ baby tbh, dd was out of them before 10lb. Size 1 LL or tots would get a bit more use, although not much ime. Or even MEOS - they are going dirt cheap at the moment and I really like them :oops:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:32 pm

I agree--a few more would be good! Just saw a load of smalls/ size 1s on Blaby Freecycle if you want them I can ask her :D . I also have some small popo wraps and disana tie ons you are welcome to if you want them. Can drop them off sometime before your due date!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:35 pm

I probably have about 30 and wash what works out at 1.5 days worth. LL's are fab and I love Little Gumnut and OWW prefolds, I just pop them in a wrap with no nippa and have never had a leak yet :D

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Bumbles are also great but a cheap stash booster. Buy the size two, as the insert poppers out then the poppers fasten to some hidden poppers to shorten the rise so can be used as size 1 as well. Large pocket at the back where the insert poppers in can hold quite a few more inserts so can work as a good night nappy in size 2 mode. I would aim to have 20 in each size, I wouldn't worry about building a stash of mediums just yet though. Hth

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat