How many woolies for a NB?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How many woolies for a NB?

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
Shaunie wrote:I didn't think about the NB breast milk explosion poo's :giggle: , we had a fair few of those with Jonah! Maybe I do need some more then :D

We have only had one poosplosion.
I had maybe 5 soakers and remember I have a couple to send to you :wink:
and 3 wraps, I have a couple of xs motherease wraps if you want them as well xx

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:37 pm

If this is looking like a big baby I wouldn't get any more NB but would prob go for a few more small - iirc D had about 8 pairs of small sized woolies and she didn't wear wool full time.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Yeh don't worry too much about spending money on new ones for NB size I reckon peeps can pass them down to you like Kirsty said xx

I can't wait to use NB next time :widesmile: awww all broody!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:12 am

I know you have big babies and would say don't do too many smalls, even! I was expecting Callum to be large, so only got one NB sized soaker - he couldn't even get it past his knees. :hohoho: The smalls I knitted/bought (4 or 5? can't remember exactly - ETA: it was 6! Gone back to check my old posts. :oops:) were all outgrown within a couple of months. Mediums might get used sooner than you'd think?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 am

Yup, I always think wool is better too big rather than too small. I figured with it getting warmer by the time our bubs are here then they may well be in shorts/soakers and t-shirts most of the time anyway so it won't matter if they are a bit big.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:24 am

Soupdragon wrote:I know you have big babies and would say don't do too many smalls, even! I was expecting Callum to be large, so only got one NB sized soaker - he couldn't even get it past his knees. :hohoho: The smalls I knitted/bought (4 or 5? can't remember exactly - ETA: it was 6! Gone back to check my old posts. :oops:) were all outgrown within a couple of months. Mediums might get used sooner than you'd think?

:hohoho: Isaac was only 9lb 3oz but had the most huge thighs I have even seen on a baby - in fact it's only in the last 6 months or so he's slimmed down!

Kirstyh wrote:I had maybe 5 soakers and remember I have a couple to send to you :wink: and 3 wraps, I have a couple of xs motherease wraps if you want them as well xx

I think I shall stick to the soakers hun thanks x

Rox wrote:Def need some dungees and rompers tho, will risk it for that and maybe a soaker or two for night time but will be mostly sticking to a good wrap :giggle:

Yes, dungees & rompers are super cute aren't they :love:

Small & medium sizes it is then :wink:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat