DH doesn't want to use cloth :(

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: DH doesn't want to use cloth :(

Postby littlesez » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:27 pm

What about the £700 of nappies you have though will you be using them? or have you sold them on, if you have work out how much you sold them for and take that off the £700 for the real total you have spent. :wink:

Also its not just about money its about reducing landfill and not wrapping your babies in plastic, chemicals and unatural gels. And they bloody stink!!!

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Hannah, I agree with Yvette that bamboo sandys would be a good idea. You're right they don't come up very often but you have 8 months to keep an eye out! I managed to get a few XS size for £6 each which is way more than you'd pay for cotton, but still a very cheap nappy.

If you are using cloth from birth I would say personally that applix is actualy better than poppers as it is quicker. You're changing them every hour anyway as they poo so much. I also personally hated Easyfits prior to weaning and found they leaked as much as disposables do, but I know plenty of people rate them. I now stuff my BG's with EP hemp boosters which makes them last much longer.

I also second whoever suggested keeping it simple, my DH very, very rarely does nappy changes and one of the reasons is that I have Sandys and Flips and BGs and Easyfits and he gets confused about which ones require wraps and which popper settings to use on the Flips etc etc. If you only have one or two types it is easier for other people to learn how to use them and be willing to do so.

I strongly suspect that if I have to spend any time in hospital before/after having number 2 that DD will go back into disposables for the duration as he just won't be able to handle the whole using and washing routine with washables. But I can't force him to do what I want so I can live with that.

Don't forget how much money you'll get when you sell Darcy's lovely nappies on in a few years!

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Am I the only one who go mad at DH if he put Emily in disposables whilst I was in hospital with number 3? That said I had 2 easy births and home within 24 hours both times and want to be home in 6 hours this time. Also my parents will look after the kids and my mum isn't the sort to spend money that she doesn't have to on nappies so will use what is here and would know I would go mad if she used disposables (as Emily has never worn a disposable ever!). When my waters broke with Emily one of the things I did (along with making sandwiches for DH to take to hospital) was to put a nappy wash on then left my mum a note to peg it out!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Bella was an extremely heavy wetter, day and night, and she ended up in sposies during the day for the last 6 months or so (I tried to get her back into cloth when Jake was born, but she just peed too much!). But I didn't even consider not using cloth on Jake. Ok, he's now a heavy wetter like she was (just got to the stage of toddler power-pees - How is he old enough for that already?! :loopy: ) but he's still in cloth most of the time and will be until it comes to a time when we can't keep him/furniture dry! I'm hoping that time never comes, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Oh and we've just put Jake back into cloth at night after a run of leaking/burst sposies. We're using super wetters again, which are mostly dry at the moment in the morning, but when Bella was in them, they were very wet, but I know how to make our woolies bomb-proof for nights, so we never had a problem!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat