hf1

Newborn nappies bamboo or cotton?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Newborn nappies bamboo or cotton?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm probably going to get some xs sandies for the new bubby, and I've found some second hand ones. But just wondering is it worth going for bamboo for those early days?

i just have no idea because the toots were so small they didnt really wee much and pretty much anything worked. I did love diddy diapers but can't get them here.

I've got easyfits for later on

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Newborn nappies bamboo or cotton?

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:35 pm

I would go for bamboo personally, I have 3 xs sandies to se if you are interested. x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Kirstyh wrote:I would go for bamboo personally, I have 3 xs sandies to se if you are interested. x

is that from absorbancy or feel?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm on the other side - I would go for cotton for newborn, only as I can add bamboo boosters and they aren't in them for too long (months wise) and you also change so frequently.

Size one / medium though, I would go for bamboo though as they will hopefully last longer.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:I would go for bamboo personally, I have 3 xs sandies to se if you are interested. x

is that from absorbancy or feel?

both really, Wil.liam is a power pee'r though, I could still get the xs sandies on him now with buliders bum :giggle:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:54 pm

I had cotton xs sandys and I had to change him every 1.5 hrs so I would go for bamboo if they are the style you want. I found the smalls much more absorbent.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:58 pm

I've gone for bamboo - TB stretchies and some Bugga Bugga boutique ones from US.

The stretchies in particular are so soft and stretchy, and based on the Mouse when she was younger, she was still in her size ones way after she had dropped one (and possibly two) of the night feeds, so we did need the extra absorbancy of bamboo.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:14 pm

fluffy_mummy wrote:I've gone for bamboo - TB stretchies and some Bugga Bugga boutique ones from US.

The stretchies in particular are so soft and stretchy, and based on the Mouse when she was younger, she was still in her size ones way after she had dropped one (and possibly two) of the night feeds, so we did need the extra absorbancy of bamboo.

I liked the stretchies too, they fitted RIles for ages. They are just so expensive here, and I've got 18 easyfits so I don't need the nappy to last much past the first few months.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm lucky I've been able to find lots pre-loved. And I would think that the Mouse will have potty trained by the time Peanut outgrows the small fitteds or the teenyfits. To be fair, even if she hasn't I'll have about 25 easyfits so that should cover both bottoms...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat