happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Upsy daisy day fitted nappy!

Postby happytails » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:24 am

Manufacturer: Upsy daisy nappies - http://www.upsydaisynappies.com/
Nappy Name: Fitted day nappy
Type of Nappy: Fitted
Fastener: Snaps, front Aplix or side-aplix!
Outer Material: Your choice of Organic Bamboo terry, French soy, Hemp, Minkee, Fleece, Microfleece, cotton and others on request (bamboo velour etc)
Inner material (the one next to your baby's skin): Microfleece, Fleece, Minkee and others on request (Bamboo velour etc)
Absorbent material: Bamboo Terry, French Soy, Hemp

Size: Small, Medium, Medium Trim, Medium Long, Large, Large trim (Toddler and other sizes on request. These nappies work of waist and rise rather than weigh for a better fit. The trim nappies are a slightly slimmer version of the normal range (Not 100% if these are standard as a fitted but im sure you can request one! Their customer service is great!
Price: Depends on what you choose, Around £8.00-13.00 without embroidery.

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 6/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
Well, where do i start? This company is excellent. Amber and Fiona are very friendly and always reply quickly to any queries. They will add more snaps to tighten the waist if necessary or anything you request for a well fitting nappy on your little one!

My fitted day nappy was bought preloved but i have bought many pocket nappies and night nappies from Upsy Daisy - we just love them so much!

Positives
The nappy is very squishy and the fitted we have is minkee lined so its the ultimate luxury on my little girls bottom and its also a stay dry fabric, meaning her bum is dry when we take it off! We have soy as our absorbent fabric and i have to say, it works a treat! It doesnt go hard like hemp can and stays lovely and soft, whereas bamboo can loose its pile a bit over time! We have side snaps as we prefer these (well I do, DP finds aplix much easier - we have 2 aplix night nappies for this reason!).

The nappy is very giving and gives a lovely fit everytime! Never a leg gape, never a leak even now DD is rolling and bum shuffling all over the place! It washes well, the insert(s) snap out for faster drying and ensuring a good clean in the wash! And last but not least, the price, very well priced considering they are custom and hand made by british wahms! no airmiles here!!!

Negatives
Not really a bad thing about them really. Perhaps the inner side of the pocket takes a wee bit longer to dry but i just turn the nappy inside out after the outer is dry and it dries no problem then!

Overall: Fab looking, reliable, well fitting, affordable fitted nappy that will be a firm favourite in our stash!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews