Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Fluff & Stuff Heavy Wetter Fitted Review

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:54 am

Manufacturer: Fluff and Stuff
Nappy Name: Fluff and Stuff
Type of Nappy: heavy wetter fitted
Fastener: side snapping T&T
Material: Organic cotton fleece inner lined with organic cotton velour, print outer
Size: L

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 10/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended!

Detailed Comments:
There are 14 layers in this nappy making it a good choice for very heavy wetters or overnight use. The snap-in contour soaker has 3 parts that are all attached together and the underside of the bottom booster is made from the same fabric as the outer so its easy to match up the soakers if you have more than one of these nappies.

I used this nappy on my DD overnight as soon as it arrived so it wasn't even prewashed. She wore it for 14 hours and although the nappy was completely saturated the wool on top was dry. The nappy does take a long time to dry but that is to be expected for the amount of layers it contains. I'd definitely recommend this nappy for use during the day for those with heavy wetters and for overnight for those with light/medium wetters.

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Review - Fluff & Stuff Heavy Wetter Fitted

Postby clarge » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:06 am

Material: Organic cotton fleece inner lined with organic cotton velour, knit print outer

Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 7/10

Overall Comment: Fantastic!

Detailed Comments:

I love this nappy... its so trim fitting and yet so absorbent. I dont find it takes that long to dry, but then again I radiator dry the inserts and the nappy is on an airer and is done within the day normally. I have 3 already, and 1 more on order, and 2 for my new baby too... Oh and a newborn model for his first nappy too! Cant recommend them enough. Love them, and they come up big too.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:14 pm

[quote="clarge"]Manufacturer: Fluff and Stuff
Material: Organic cotton fleece inner lined with organic cotton velour, knit print outer

Absorbency: 9/10

Overall Comment: Fantastic!

Detailed Comments:

These nappies are fabulous and have much to recommend them. DS can power-pee for England and usually saturates his fitteds with 2 hours but these beauties easily last him up to 3 without being saturated.

Their look is deceptive as they are very slim-fitting, considering the absorbency capabilities, and look small. I find them to be one of the best fitting fitteds I've tried and I reach for these more often than most of my other fitteds simply due to their lack of bulk and absorbency. The 3-part soaker all easily snaps together and has part of the outside print stitched to t so they can be easily matched up after a wash (and I like the look :wink: ). They do take slightly longer to dry but not overly so and the fact that it can be all unsnapped and dried separate speeds up the process.

DS has a slim waist and chunky thighs but these nappies just seem to mould to his shape without digging in and they look super-cute on. The choice of prints is brilliant - ensuring you will have great fun deciding which ones to go for. Debbie is very friendly and her customer service is fabulous.

All-in-all: what are you waiting for? Try one of these nappies and you won't regret it (ever noticed that they don't come up for sale on classifieds very often!!!)

Love love love them :wine:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:54 am

Overall Comment: My new favourite nappy
Detailed Comments:

I bought one of these recently when a slot came up on Hyena Cart for a seconds price. I had heard so many good things about them, and kept missing them on the classifieds as they are so sought after, that I bit the bullet and bought a brand new one :shock:

Pros: There is a huge choice of fabrics for a custom nappy, which is great as you can get one that you really like. They are one of the trimmest nappies I have, and certainly the most absorbent apart from much bulkier nappies. My DD usually pees through a Holdens Landing fitted in about 2-3 hours, but I put her in the FnS without pre-washing and it lasted 4 hours easily :wine: It is now my nappy of choice for naps or car journeys, I just wish I had more of them.

The soaker comes in 3 parts which snap together so you could leave out part of it if you didn't need it all. It also has a patch of the outside material sewn on which makes it easy to match up inserts after the wash (I wish I had enough of these nappies that this was a problem :giggle: )

I don't find it takes too long to dry at all - not much different to my other fitted nappies to be honest. DD is 23lbs and at the moment the large is fitting her on the tightest snaps on one side and the 2nd tightest on the other, so there will be plenty of growing room and is one of the few nappies I think will last her until potty training.

Despite the fact that this had to come from America I didn't have to wait long and Debbie was very helpful with choosing fabrics and sizing etc.

Cons: these nappies are at the top end of the price range for fitted nappies, and will be out of some people's budgets, plus they don't come up on classifieds very often. Ordering from America can take longer than the UK, plus the airmiles of the nappy will be higher which can be a concern for some.

All-in-all: I really think these are one of the best nappies we have tried, and would love to have a lot more of them. Yes they are expensive, but for us they are definitely worth it, I'll be saving up for a couple more I'm sure :-)

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews