Absorbency: 9/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended!

HyenaCart Shop
Bibs n bots sell them

The pictures are of the fit of this nappy on my 19lbs DD.

This Nappy is a one size and its easily adjustable as it is Nippa fastening, so it gives a great fit. The nappy itself is a knit print outer and cotton flannel inner. The absorbent insert is made up of bamboo fleece and can be tri-folded or quad-folded to make 6 or 8 layers of absorbency! It is soo slim i wasnt convinced it would last our heavy wetter.

I was a bit hesitant to try this nappy as i have never been too good with a Nippa. The first time we tried this nappy we tried it under some longies, within half an hour of wriggling the nippa had come off (my fault im sure!). This time i thought id put it under a soaker so if my bad Nippa fastening skills reared its ugly head again the soaker would keep it in place. Took the soaker off 4 hours later and the nippa and the nappy were still intact :wine: Success! And although the nappy was wet, the wool was dry! Bonus. So i eagerly popped it in the wash ready to try again, this was the 3rd wash so it was getting up to absorbency now! Again i tried it with some longies and easily reached 4 hours without being absolutely sodden. I seemed to get the hang of the Nippa which opens more doors as to the choice of nappy for DD. The fit is amazing because i can adjust the rise and the waist so easily, i imagine the fit of the nappy on a newborn would be a little bulky because the crotch is quite wide but nothing wider than a Goodmama, which is also one-size.

Positives: Slim fitting, absorbent and the fit is easily adjustable.
Negatives: The nippa fastening may put some people off (but i am a convert!)

Overall comment: Give them a go, they are amazingly slim for their absorbency and they come in such cute prints too!

My avatar
lealea
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Bugga Bugga Boutique

Postby lealea » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Manufacturer: Bugga Bugga Boutique
HyenaCart Shop
Bibs n bots sell them

Nappy Name: Bugga Basics Fitted
Type of Nappy: Fitted (T&T or Serged)
Fastener: Nippa
Material: Bamboo fleece insert, cotton flannel, print outer
Size: One-Size

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbency: 9/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended!

When this nappy arrived, it was the softest, squishiest nappy I have ever felt. I just wanted to stroke it all day :giggle: I didn't want to put it on DD for fear of her weeing or pooing on it and ruining the softness :oops:

The one size nature of this nappy is great and it would easily fit a small baby as well as a toddler. The bamboo fleece insert is not attached so can be folded in different ways depending on the size of the baby/toddler you are nappying. The nippa fit means you can adjust the nappy to however you want it.

I used mine without washing it first :oops: (I was just so excited to use it :lol: ) and changed it after two hours. It was wet on the inside and barely damp on the outside. After several washings when the bamboo becomes more absorbant I reckon it will last a good 3 - 4 hours easily.

The print is very cute, I have a Violet Ooga Booga and its definitely the cutest nappy in my stash. The only downside is the drying time of the bamboo, I have had mine on the clothes airer and its taken about 24 hours to dry. However this is shorter than my BG Organics which take about 48 hours to dry.

Positives: The softest nappy around, absorbant, fit easily adjustable
Negatives: The bamboo can take longer to dry

Overall comment: I was so impressed that I have ordered another one :wine:

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews