Postby Annette » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:23 pm

Reliability: 9
Absorbancy: 9
Cuteness: 8
Drying Speed: 6
Slimness: 9
Value for money: 7

Overall comment: Highly recommended

To be honest, the drying time doesn't bother me. We don't have a tumble dryer and they don't take much longer than my other nappies and no where near as long as my Huggles! As we have a large selection it doesn't matter.

I have the rainbow ones and think the colours are fab - really vibrant. And bamboo fabric is lovely and silky.

They are slim fitting and really absorbent. I would have preferred poppers but the rainbows only come with applix at the mo. Generally a nappy I would recommend to have as part of a collection but not the only type to rely on due to the drying time.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Cuteness: 6 for the normal 9 for the rainbow
Drying Speed: 5
Slimness: 9
Value for money: 7

Overall comment: Fabulous!

I love my bamboozles, I unfortunately bought a normal one the week before the rainbows were released so then had to have the tuquoise one and now would like all the colours they are soooo nice. I don't have central heating so do find they take days to dry but I'm thinking thats a good thing as I can justify more of them so I can get all the colours lol!! They are just a really nice reliable, slim fitting, soft nappy and will probably end up making about 1/2 of my day collection by the time I've finished buying. I have also used at night boosted in emergencys with my heavy wetter and they do the job. I think they are wonderful. As Annette said they are only in aplix which I dont' like (although its now growing on me as Louis gets older) but I just unpicked it off my turquoise one before it had even dried and kept the aplix in case of need later if it stops nippaing.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:54 pm

Absorbancy: 8
Cuteness: 8
Drying Speed: 5
Slimness: 7
Value for money: 8

Overall: Recommended

a nice nappy!. i have turquoise and it was the first cloth i ever put on Boo!!! and while it is no as soft and silky as it was, and the shape is not great on him, it is very reliable, and absorbant with good containment. it washes well, it does take a while to dry, but thats to be expected with bamboo, and fits nicely under almost all clothes.

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:53 am

Cuteness: 6
Drying Speed: 3
Slimness: 6
Value for money: 6

I like my Bamboozles, they are really absorbent, and will last Ruby overnight easily. I have to say the colours make them much cuter! I don't like the aplix version though, it's harder to get a really good fit, the old nippa ones are fab (and incidentally I've never had any difficultly nippaing them, though I hear there have been problems).

What really bugs me is how much bulk there seems to be at the sides! The waistband seems very thick to me, and soaks up wee and it all gets a bit sodden around that are for us. I'd also prefer them to be totally fleece lined, which would solve the side-soaking issue, so at least she wouldn't be wet.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:08 am

Reliability: 8
Absorbancy: 8
Cuteness: 2 (I haven't used the rainbow ones)
Drying Speed: 6
Slimness: 8
Value for money: 6

Overall comment: Not recommended

TBH I think there are better bamboo nappies on the market that are cheaper - little lambs and bambineos. Bamboozles take a while to dry because they are bamboo, but due to that they are absorbant and quite slim fitting. I quite like the nippa and popper versions even though the pile isn't fluffy any more.
The aplix version annoys me something terrible. The washing tabs aren't large enough and as a consequence they always come undone and stick to other things.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm

Reliability: 6/10
Absorbancy: 6/10
Cuteness: 7/10 - coloured ones
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 7/10

Overall comment : OK

I have used these in both sizes. The size 1 I used from birth on Zac and found they were difficult to get a good fit and would often leak. The colours are beautiful but I sold the size 1s after a few weeks.

The size 2 is still a good fit on Lockie but are not absorbant enough to last more than a couple of hours without extra boosting which means you loose the bonus of the slimness.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Review Tots Bots Bamboozle

Postby Frances » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:52 am

Reliability: 2/10
Absorbancy: 0/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: 5/10
Value for money: 2/10

Overall comment : Can't stand them

Found the fit terrible on my DD - she outgrew size 1 at 10 weeks - and they have terrible absorbancy - they last 30 mins without a booster and are really bulky with a booster. Have had to sell all mine. Totally unsuitable for heavy wetters; the worse nappy I've tried by far.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:22 am

EDITED 16/02/09 following more use of fitted nappies :)

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 6/10
Cuteness: 6/10
Drying Speed: 4/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10

Overall comment: I'm beginning to like these again :)

We have 5 of these now, 2 aplix and 3 poppers. The aplix ones fit her better as we seem to get horrible wing droop on the popper ones, but if they are done up tight enough, this can be minimised.

Absorbancy isn't wonderful, but I have a very heavy wetter, so getting a nappy absorbant enough for her is a challenge anyway!! But if I add some hemp underneath the booster, they last a good 3 hours, which isn't too bad really.

The best thing about them I find, is currently they are dirt cheap!! So great for bulking out a fledgling fitted collection :)
Last edited by tanya on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
fairystar267
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fairystar267 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:18 pm

i love these
find them very reliable with a very heavy wetter i have aplix and nippa prefer the nippa so will be removing the aplix, havent had a prob with the nippas fastening
natx

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews