My avatar
saraendepity
Clothie
Clothie

Goodmama Good Night Review

Postby saraendepity » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Manufacturer Goodmama
Nappy Name Good night
Type of Nappy Fitted/shaped (night nappy)
Fastener Nippa
Material OBV
Size BTP

Reliability: mark out of 10 - 10
Absorbancy: mark out of 10 - 10
Cuteness: mark out of 10 - 4
Drying Speed: mark out of 10 - 5
Slimness: mark out of 10 - 7
Value for money: mark out of 10 - 9

Overall Comment:
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
I bought this Preloved for £15 but i believe the Lady i bought it from payed about £25 + it is a plain white outer with Blue OBV inner. It has a double hourglass shaped soaker with a teeny tine (really cute) seperate booster that goes inbetween the other one.

Positives:

I have got to say when i got it i was very sceptical as it is quite trim for a night nappy but i am yet to have a leak (and it has been on for up to 13 hours) The inner is super super soft and again very trim.
Though it is a BTP it has no snaps or rise settings which again i was a bit sceptical about but it is very stretchy and i can see it lasting all the way :lol: Around the legs are serged and super soft and i have not once had any rubs or redness after a full night in it :mrgreen:

Negatives:

Not too mant really...

The soakers are 'loose' so i worry that they might move about abit when she is in them, and the outer has bobbled a little but i Tumble dry it every time it is used (naughty i know :oops: ) so i suppose that is to be expected. And there is the price (i think around £20-30) but i definately think it is worth it :)

All in all i have got to say i LOVE this nappy to bits and if i could find more (she doesnt have any on the site at the moment) i would definately be getting some more :D

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Goodmama - Good night

Postby happytails » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 am

Manufacturer: Goodmama
Nappy Name: Good night
Type of Nappy: Fitted night nappy
Fastener: Nippa
Material: OBV and bamboo fleece
Size: One size

Reliability: mark out of 10 - 10/10
Absorbancy: mark out of 10 - 9/10
Cuteness: mark out of 10 - 5/10
Drying Speed: mark out of 10 - 6/10
Slimness: mark out of 10 - 8/10
Value for money: mark out of 10 - 7/10 (Retail price is $35)

Overall Comment:
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
I bought this preloved from a lovely lady on here and we have used it 4 times, each night was a success! It has a pink OBV inner and a double lay in insert made with bamboo fleece and OBV. We also have a goodboost, a tiny hourglass booster to fit inbetween the insert! The nappy itself is OBV inner and the outer is bamboo fleece! You get a nippa with it also!

Positives:

Very trim fitting and soft. We quickly mastered using the nippa successfully and it has never fallen off or leaked and DD once wore it for 14hours boosted with a WN bamboo booster. I find i have to heavily boost all of DDs night nappies with Hemp and bamboo but this was fine with just the bamboo one :wine: Ours is T&T and is very snug around the legs when on, i find other night nappies gape with the amount of boosting i have to put in it but this is perfect! There is plenty of room left in this and also it folds down pretty small to use on a newborn. Washes and dries really well as the booster unfolds and everything is separate. Also with ours being a Nippa fastening you done get the popper marks on their belly like you can with uncovered poppers on the GM day fitteds!

Negatives:

It is a bit daunting if you havent used a Nippa before but i quickly mastered it, DP is put off though and will always reach for the aplix fastening nappies first (i think they do a popper version also :wink: ). Its not very 'interesting', colour wise but you could always get a bit dye happy with the outer :giggle: thats what i plan on doing if it starts to look a bit tatty.

Overall:
This is a well made nappy, lovely and soft. Neat, trim and very thirsty! We would definitely get 1 or 2 more if funds allow as i can see these lasting us until potty training :mrgreen:

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews