Postby Annette » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:19 pm

Reliability: 10
Absorbancy: 10
Cuteness: 10
Drying Speed: 8
Slimness: 10
Value for money: 6

Overall comment: Fabulous

I abosolutely LOVE this nappy. Has to be my current all time favourite (especially the pink one)

The Onesize is a surpringly slim fit for a onesize and fits under all of Charlotte's clothes.

The sized ones are even slimmer but really absorbent as they are hemp.

They aren't as beautifully soft as they were new but the velour does keep them softer than normal terry cotton nappies.

I would buy more but they just happen to also be the most expensive nappy I have :0(

Annette

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:43 am

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall comment: Gorgeous...!

We just recently got this nappy after justifying to myself that the big expense was worth it! I have to say I was impressed, it is the slimest nappy I've ever used (apart from pockets) and was so beautiful and furry. Such a shame you have to cover it up though! Lovely indulgent nappy but I couldn't afford many more.

Sam...

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 pm

Reliability: 6
Absorbancy: 6
Cuteness: 7
Drying Speed: 6
Slimness: 7
Value for money: 5

Overall: not bad, but too expensive

i have the one size ones. and theywere very soft and lovely when new, but now not so much. even with all boosters they dont last us 3 hours (and Boo is not a heavy wetter during the day) and because they are so high cut and i dont find their poo containment to be great either.
i wont sell the 2 i have as i think they will be useful for future tinies, but certainly wouldn't bother buying any more.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Review Swaddlebees Organic Cotton Velour

Postby rhead » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:07 pm

Cuteness: 9
Drying Speed: 9
Value for money: 9, but only because I never pay full price :wine:

Overall comment: Fabulous nappies!

Swaddlebees OS velour nappies are probably my all-time favorite fitted - they're really trim but still hugely absorbent, and although dd needs a long rise I'm sure these will last her til potty training (not so sure about her large SB fitteds, though!). Another great thing about the OS nappies is that the extra pop-in booster makes a fabulous insert for any pocket. It's perfect in a size M or L Swaddlebees OV fitted pocket, and I'd imagine in their AIOs as well, and I use them to boost Bumbles and in various other nappies. The major downside is definitely the price - I've never paid full price for Swaddlebees, but I've managed to find several in nice condition at affordable prices on FSOT forums. I also haven't tried them on a newborn (all that poo!), but I love all of their fitteds on an older baby (6 mos +).

And as an aside, to keep the velour soft (and all your nappies, for that matter), try using 2/3 of a capful of Ecover fabric softener - I know, I know, we're not supposed to use FS, but I read on some other forums that Ecover was safe and decided to try it because I was getting disappointed with crunchy nappies, and I'm HOOKED. I haven't had any problems with decreased absorbency and my nappies are lovely and soft again. Hooray!!
Last edited by rhead on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:59 am

Overall comment: Love them

They are so absorbent and so so slim, The onesize are even more absorbent than the sized and nearly as slim, the only down side is they are really expensive! Oh and the drying time is amazing!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Reliability: 9
Absorbancy: 9

Overall comment: Fabulous!

Extremely slim fitting nappy yet still really absorbent. I like both their sized and one-size version, though haven't tried the one-size on a tiny baby yet. Expensive, but worth getting a couple. Just such a pity the velour doesn't stay as soft as when they're just new..

Tag Words

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews