tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Northern Lights - Weenotions sidesnap fitteds

Postby tanya » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Reliability: 10
Absorbancy: 10
Cuteness: 10
Drying Speed: 7 (I use a tumble dryer :oops: )
Slimness: 9
Value for money: 10

Overall Comment: Brilliant

I love these and I'm considering using what little paypal I have to get another as they really fit well and cope with Bella's really heavy wetting.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:10 pm

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: Fantastic

Detailed Comments: These are lovely personalisablle nappies. They work well with the weenotions wraps and under wool. I have several and love them all.
recomended buy.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Reliability:
Absorbancy:
Drying Speed:
Slimness:
Value for money:

Overall Comment: I was dissapointed (cant think of another word that fits!!)

Detailed Comments:
I can't fill in the above scores because I only ever tried it on Ds, I hated the fit so much that he never even wee'd in it!! :( After reading all the reviews and raves I was sure that this would be the start of another cloth nappy addiction...I was so wrong!! The fit is just horrible on my son, im not a huge fan of side snapping nappies but thought this may have changed my mind. I wont try another :(

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Cuteness: 8
Drying Speed: 8
Slimness: 7
Value for money: 7

Highly recomended

comments:
I have these in both medium and Large for my 2 girls (Talia 3 months and Elouise 19 months). They fit Elouise really well and are one of our most absorbant nappies. But the fit isn't too good on Talia at the moment and they are quite bulky on her. We are still keeping them though and I am hoping it is just because they are still a bit too big. Even though they are too big we still use them for night time on Talia, which won't hold her runny poo but she doesn't poo at night so it is no problem. It is very absorbant and lasts the night unboosted. On Elouise, I can change her after 3-4 hours and there is still absorbancy left. It fits her nicely and isn't too bulky. She has plenty of space too so it should last till potty training easily. I bought mine preloved but in excellent, almost new condition and thought they were good value. There are lots of options on the WeeNotions website so you can get what you want. They also do embordory and can have your child's name etc put on it which does bump the price up. They are good value if you get the basic ones though. And they sell on well preloved. Mine (so far) have stayed nice and soft too which is a problem we have with most of our nappies - they all seem to go crunchy! Not sure if it is because I haven't had them long or if it is a different type of bamboo to our crunchy nappies! I have put 8 for drying speed as I haven't noticed them taking longer than our other nappies, and defiantly dry faster than our BBH. The other problem I have when Talia wears it is that on the smaller settings, the tabs get in the way as there is sort of too much fabric at the front when on a smaller baby? She isn't on the smallest setting either! Maybe I am doing something wrong. Would be good if they made a onesize one! :wink:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Drying Speed: 6
Slimness: 8
Value for money: 10

Overall Comment: Fantastic nappy!

The WN NL is a highly reliable and completely customisable nappy. The main body of the nappy is made from bamboo towelling, which is highly absorbent, and can be topped on the outer with cotton, cotton velour or bamboo velour. While cotton gives a prettier looking nappy (there are a huge range of prints to choose from), cotton outers are definitely less easy to adjust than velour options. I find velour much stretchier than cotton, so this material may be a better choice if fit is a concern. There's an insert layer which poppers on to the main body of the nappy (fab for easy removal to aid washing and drying times), meaning six layers of absorbent bamboo - lots to cope with even a heavy wetter like my little miss. The way that the nappy is designed means that there are no poppers next to your baby's skin, so it seems a comfortable nappy to wear. The customer service at WN is also excellent; they're always very happy to answer questions and give advice, so you can be assured that what you're ordering will suit your little one. While the WN website can seem a little overwhelming at first glance, it's certainly worth getting your head around. You can easily end up with a one of a kind nappy for minimal outlay, that will easily recoup costs - these nappies hold their value well! :)

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm

Drying Speed: 7
Slimness: 8
Value for money: 10+

Comments: Highly Recommended!

Fab fitteds - you definitely need to buy one! Really excellent customer service and totally customisable. Saying that, we only have plain bamboo and I think they are super cute as they are. High in the rise and a lovely fit. Quite a slim fit - especially considering how absorbant they are. I have also got some in XL that make super night nappies (more so than some other brands of nappies that are sold specifically as night nappies) on both of my sons - that explains why I have rated them as such excellent value for money. They have a really good re-sale value too.

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:48 am

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 8/10 (only because I tend to use these without a cover and therefore have to boost them.)
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Brilliant nappies-- no idea what took me so long to try one!

Detailed Comments: This is possibly my favourite thing in my stash at the moment. I have one with the lilac velour outer and it is really adorable on, so soft. The inside material is amazing, too. You really have endless choices with these, given that you can get the limited fabrics, etc as outers. I boost these with an EP hemp booster under the ones that snap in and she can wear it (coverless) for 3-4 hours (in which time she can soak through a pampers, so that's really saying something!) The fit is great and highly adjustable, and the whole thing is just really well made. Washes really well, too (last night's wash got out mashed-in mandarin segments), and dries pretty quickly with the boosters snapped out.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Drying Speed: 9
Slimness: 10
Value for money: 9

I love these have 3 2 small 1 medium, I think the sizing seems really genorous,(baby only 7 weeks but nearly 11lbs)
I like the fit and style i would say they are high cut in the leg with a high rise which suit my long baby brilliantly she has lots of room in the waist on the small and the medium is too big really,
they are really soft too even the preloved ones look brand new still
I especially like the fact that i can have a minkee layer sewn in on top of the booster saving having to use an additional liner (anything that saves me having to peg extra bits out to dry is a bonus :giggle: )
I use a home made wrap,or upsy daisy and a minkee wrap with these.just as slim a.s my pockets and a fraction fatter than the itti's, never a leak yet love them and will be collecting a few more,
overall a great design and my fav fitted,

My avatar
CharlottesClan
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby CharlottesClan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:30 am

Manufacturer
Weenotions
Nappy Name
Northen Lights
Type of Nappy
daytime fitted
Fastener
poppered
Material
main material Bamboo, can be lined with cuddlesoft, minkee, bamboo velour. outers can be minkee, cotton, bamboo, bamboo velour
Size
M and L

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment:
recommended

Detailed Comments:
Positves

absorbancy
this nappy is very absorbant. it has a poppered insert that folds in half and attaches at either the front or the back depending on which you specify when its made. its not as absorbant as hemp, but for a bamboo it out performs alot of our other nappies. its easy to boost these, i just put a bamboo or hemp booster between the layers of the insert, but you could put it between the nappy and the wrap.

fit
the fit of this nappy is very good. we do find that the tabs take some getting used too, but we get on very well with the fit of this nappy now.

appearance
you can get these nappies in a range of colours, some of which are instock. you can choose from a wide range of cotton and minkee outers, or simply have velour or bamboo outers.
you can have embroidery added to them, and your choice of the topping for your insert.
they are very cute nappies :D

negative

price
they can cost alot to get some embroidery put on them, and the insert of your choice. it is very easy to spend up to £20 on a single nappy if you get carried away. that being said there are lots of cheap options too if you are watching the pennies.

drying time
they can take a while to dry, we have a tumble dryer so not so much of a problem for us, but on the occasions i have left them to dry on the airer they took a few days, partiulary the minkee outer ones.

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews