Material Organic cotton
Size one size

Reliability: mark out of 10 9/10
Absorbancy: mark out of 10 6/10
Cuteness: mark out of 10 8/10
Drying Speed: mark out of 10 8/10
Slimness: mark out of 10 ie 8/10
Value for money: mark out of 10 ie 8/10
Use N/A if that category is not appropriate to what you are reviewing.

Overall Comment: *
Highly recommended

Detailed Comments:
I bought a complete set of these nappies and wraps from a colleague, intending to keep them as spares, but they've become my 'go-to' nappy for daytime use.
Our daughter has always been skinny and even on the smallest setting these didn't fit until about 6 weeks. Since then I've used them every day.
With the included booster they go for about two hours, I would never leave her in a nappy for longer than that in the daytime anyway. Never had a leak. The fit is great and easily adjustable and there is no aplix to get tatty or snag in the wash.
The fabric stays soft even line dried in a hard water area - some of my other nappies are like cardboard.
Quite slim fitting and really soft around the baby's legs. Also dries fairly quickly, if I do a wash mid morning and hang them on the line they are dry by late afternoon.
Not the nappy to choose if you want something super absorbent and I wouldn't use overnight, but for daytime these are fab.

My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: OneLife Onesize Nappy Review

Postby elliebelly » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:15 am

Reliability: mark out of 10 9/10
Absorbancy: mark out of 10 4/10
Cuteness: mark out of 10 3/10
Drying Speed: mark out of 10 7/10
Slimness: mark out of 10 ie 7/10
Value for money: mark out of 10 ie NA
Use N/A if that category is not appropriate to what you are reviewing.

Overall Comment: *
Recommended

Detailed Comments:

I was given 22 of these with wraps for free by a friend who didnt need them anymore....so couldnt really rate value for money..

Ok the positives: Contains breastfed poo VERY well, they fit well , my daughter is the tricky combination of very chunky thighs and slim tummy,and the poppers are very secure and strong.
The wraps are bombproof! but although fastened up to allow no gaps they do leave a red mark around my daughters tummy and thighs.
Due to the weather we have had recently, they have had to be dried on the radiator and they do dry fairly quick (if they are on radiator in evening with heating on for 30mins - once radiators have cooled they are almost completely dry - by morning they are ready to use....)
And they are very easy to use..

They arent very bulky and fitted my girl from birth and poo stains come out very well with stubborn ones benefitting from a 1 hour soak in soda crystals before washing.

My brother has also used these on his two boys and they are still in use for his youngest and they like them.

The negatives:
They are very boring looking - however that doesnt really bother me as Ellie's clothes go over them anyway

I have found though that mine even when lined dried and shaken out before drying are still quite dry and stiff. Mine were used for about 3 years before i had them so this may be why...

Ellie is a heavy wetter but even so, an hour after a new nappy had been put on she is soaked (this is even with a bamboo booster) and this has resulted in persistent nappy rash.
When used over night i was boosting with the included liner, and two bamboo boosters and she still needed changing during the early hours!

Due to this we are now starting to use bamboo nappies now to see if this works out better for our little pee monster!

OH wants to sell these nappies now we have the bamboo but part of me does want to keep them as they are still reliable and good long lasting quality.....

My avatar
KateB20
Clothie
Clothie

Postby KateB20 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:44 am

Hello! I know that this is an old thread, but can you recommend reusable or onelife nappies, please?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:15 pm

KateB20 wrote:Hello! I know that this is an old thread, but can you recommend reusable or onelife nappies, please?

Hi Kate and welcome to the forum. Are you pregnant or already have a baby?

'Onelife' is one brand of washable nappies. If you have a look in our review section you will see lots of different brands being reviewed:
viewforum.php?f=55

Feel free to ask any questions!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews