jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

REVIEW - Jumblebums Bamboo Jiants

Postby jscobie » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:31 pm

These are FAB!!!

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 5/10 - not really cute but functional. though my lilac one is LOVELY!
Drying Speed: 8/10 - drying time is not too bad. they have a pull out soaker as well as a sewn in soaker and then you add boosting to the pocket and the belt. the sewn in soaker was the longest part to dry.
Slimness: 8/10 - it's a night nappy so it's not the trimmest nappy around BUT it is a better alternative to a lot of the other heavily boosted nappies i've tried.
Value for money: 10/10 - at £12 for the nappy and a belter booster, i think this is superb value for money. postage is also included in the price.

Overall Comment: FANTASTIC!

Detailed Comments:

Well after having a bit of trouble with night nappies that i could use with Josh's wool longies, i have found the perfect answer!! i can't recommend these nappies enough - they are FANTASTIC!! i was having trouble with boosting Josh's nappies so that it wouldn't be soaked (which would then cause rubbing on his thighs) but the boosting was making the nappy look REALLY uncomfortable and it was squashing everything IYKWIM!

anyway, after MONTHS of deliberating whether to try a jiant, i have now taken the plunge. just at the right time too as the new bamboo ones have only just been launched. also up until the last couple of months all my night nappies were performing quite well but EVEN my new bamboo Wee Notions night notions has to have extra boosting added to it!!

i find that if i stuff the pocket with a terry/prefold nappy or a Jumblebums fold to fit booster (i ordered med/large which is HUGE and think i could have easily gotten away with the small) and place the belter booster in one of the front loops then this easily lasts my son 13-14 hours at night.

i am not a big fan of nippa fastening nappies as i have sometimes had a problem with the nippa coming undone. but i've found the answer to this now too - i use a couche cover under longies - works a treat!!

Anyway, in summary, if you are struggling with night nappies and are looking for something that will work and be comfortable for your little one then give the Jiant a go - it really is FAB!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews