Postby Ruth » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:12 am

Reliability: 10
Absorbancy: 10
Cuteness: 5
Drying Speed: 4
Slimness: 8
Value for money: 9

Overall: Fabulous!!!!

I can not help but rave over these! I have used other nappies for night time and found my son to be damp on waking and waking early (I can only asume he was uncomfortable). He sleeps better than ever in these! He is amazingly dry when he wakes up. I would highly recommend them to anyone as I night nappy because they are so reliable and unbelievably slim for how absorbant they are. I hardly need to boost and he is a heavy wetter! It's a shame the print is on the inside, and they take a whole day to dry on the line, but tumble dry well and as they are part hemp I imagine its good for them. They are the only down sides to this nappy!

Ruth

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Ellas House Bumhugger

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:35 am

Manufacturer EllasHouse
Nappy Name Bumhugger
Type of Nappy Shaped
Fastener Poppers/Velcro
Material Hemp/Cotton Fleece and polyester fleece
Size - 2 sizes

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Cuteness: mark out of 9/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Highly Recommended!

Detailed Comment; i love this nappy for night time use, as despite its slimness the total coverage of fleece and excellent elastication (fantastic containment) it still seems a bit bulky for daytime. i use a hemp booster in it for night time although it might be OK without. hemp fleece can become stiff with many washes so the fleece means its not rubbing on babys skin. pity the cuteness is on the inside but it needs a wrap anyway, so it doesnt matter!

fairly slow drying but no worse than other night-nappies, the newest version has a fold-out soaker to aid this. i prefer the popper nappies and have been using the large since DD was 5 months (the small would last longer but the velcro was rubbing on her legs)

very cute and good value for money, i cant complain about this nappy! xx :D

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:17 am

Manufacturer: EllasHouse
Nappy Name: Bumhugger
Type of Nappy: Shaped
Fastener: Poppers/Velcro
Material: Hemp/Cotton Fleece and polyester fleece
Size - 2 sizes

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Cuteness: mark out of 6/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10

Comments:
I have the newer version of the Bumhuggers with the flip out soaker which means it dries much quicker than the older version, and it also has a pocket so you can use additional inserts to boost the nappy for increased absorbancy. Ours are a staple night nappy and they have never let me down, and being fully fleece lined, my daughters bum is nice and dry in the morning even if the nappy itself is sopping wet. Cuteness, not high but that is because hemp is not a pretty fabric, but the fleece which lines the nappy can come in a few nice prints or soft pastel colours, so that helps the look of them. Being a hemp nappy they are very slim, even when boosted for overnight I find them our slimmest 2 part night nappy. Retailing at under a tenner each, I find them good value for money and they have a good resale value too.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:34 am

Ella's House bumhugger

Reliability: 9
Absorbancy: 9
Cuteness: 4
Drying Speed: 5
Slimness: 5
Value for money: 8

Comments:

I used the new version with the pull out soaker and pocket allowing you to add more boosting. We used it mainly at night time. It's a very reliable nappy and we never had any leaks with it. However, I found it to be quite a bulky nappy and it wasn't the best fit on my son. I had other nappies which were just as reliable and absorbent but much slimmer.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Reliability: 8
Absorbancy: 6
Cuteness: 7
Drying Speed: 7
Slimness: 7 (as a night nappy), 5 (as a day fitted)
Value for money: 7

Comments: Recommeded!

This was a decent nappy, but just not in the same league of absorbency as our other night nappies (soy UDNNs or WNNNs). We had the pull out soaker version for quicker drying. I found the pocket a little awkward to add boosting to, as they are so narrow at the crotch some inserts don't fit in. With some boosting these nappies did adequately perform as night nappies - we never had any leaks with them. They are too bulky for use on Blake as day fitteds. I had XLs for Toby - they just didn't fit as well as many other XL nappies that we have (eg. UDNN, WNNN, WNNL). Our bumhuggers were sold on as soon as I had built up enough UDNNs and WNNNs.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews