Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:
Fabulous!

Close Pop-ins are AI2 nappies which have a popper in booster and soaker and a waterproof outer shell with Velcro closers. They have a double leg gusset which I really like. At night they can be used with the nighttime booster which makes them leak proof but bulky . We currently have 6 of these nappies, 2 pink turtle, 2 pink owl, 1 yellow monkey & 1 Russian doll v2. They range in price from £15.50-£16.99.

V1 Outer shell, booster and soaker and night time (grey).

What I really love about pop-ins is that they have a handy weight guide to adjust the poppers. Size chartWhich enables parents to adjust them to fit. Close parent are quiet clear that the maximum waist size is 56-57cm and the warn that you may be on the largest setting by 8 months. However once mobile babies shape will change and you might be able to go down again. My daughter had chunky thighs pre walking but never got up to the largest setting. Popins come in either Minkee or bamboo, we choose Bamboo as it's more absorbent but does take longer to dry.

Size comparison monkey stage 1, turtle stage 2, owl on left stage 3 and owl on right stage 4.

Bamboo V2
The main differences are the rear laundry tab has been replaced with a hidden laundry tab, the back elastic being removed to speed up drying and the poppers have been replaced with a tab popper like how the booster attaches. V2 on a whole are much softer in the outer shell and the soaker and booster seem softer.

V2 outer shell and soaker with booster attached.

Pop-ins are very absorbent and last a long time. With the night booster we have got 12 hours without an issue at all. My only really criticism of them is if your little one has liquid paracetamol the insides of popins does get a bleach type stain. Close Popins tend to be my nappy of choice if we are going on a car journey when I know she will be having a nap. I love their trim fit which means she doesn't have such a huge cloth bum. The only down side is with them being bamboo in the winter they take over a day to dry.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Close Parent Pop-in bamboo New GEN v1 & v2

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:52 am

Great review, thanks @Sophiebeth23 :thumbsup:

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews