Postby Annette » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:41 pm

Manufacturer - Coolababy
Nappy Name - Onesize pocket
Type of Nappy - pocket nappy
Fastener - Poppers to adjust waist and rise
Material - Coloured pul, fleece inner, comes with a microfibre insert
Size - Onesize

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 6/10 (comes with a microfibre insert but you could add more if you have a heavier wetter)
Cuteness: 6/10 (a little boring but highly functional)
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:
Recommended

Link to some pictures of Ben in one viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24923

Detailed Comments:
I bought a bundle of these from ebay as they were incredibly cheap - you can now buy them for £5.50 each in the UK and they come complete with insert so they really are a budget nappy. However, I have been really impressed with them. I bought them specifically to send to nursery as I wanted a load of nappies that were all the same (so they only needed to get used to one type) and I didn't want to send in my really cute (and sometimes expensive!) nappies in case of what they might accidentally do to them - I am sure some of you can relate :wink: :giggle:
We got these when Ben was about 8 months old so have only used them on the middle rise setting and so I don't know what they are like on a newborn. He now at 15 months still wears them on the middle setting whereas he wears all other onesize nappies on the largest setting, so I am pretty sure they will last until potty training. The waist fastening has one popper on each side exposed so there is plenty of growing room there too.
They have been very reliable, nursery have managed very well with them, never complained of leaks (Ben isn't a heavy wetter and just uses the insert that comes with it) and they have washed well and dry fairly quickly.
They come in a selection of colours (I think there are about 10 in all, I got one one of each except white and pink), they aren't the cutest nappy in the world but extremely functional and very cheap. Excellent for building up a stash.

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Coolababy onesize pockets

Postby Vicki » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:46 pm

I have seen these lots on ebay - good to see someone has tried them - they do seem good value if they work well. are they as good as fuzzis & BG?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Coolababy onesize pockets

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Manufacturer: Coolababy
Nappy Name: Onesize Nappy
Type of Nappy: Pocket
Fastener: Poppers
Material: Pocket is PUL and fleece lined, insert is microfibre
Size: Onesize

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbency: 7/10
Cuteness: 6/10
Drying Speed: 9 8/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10.

Overall Comment:
Recommended

Detailed Comments:
We bought a couple recently to try them out and I’m going to be buying more of them as I really like them.

Pros
These nappies dry very quickly; the pocket itself is almost touch dry out of the machine and is totally dry in about 2hours on the line or airer. The microfibre insert takes a little longer, but will be easily dry if left overnight.

I really like the fact that there are 3 poppers (across the nappy) to adjust the rise. Before now, I’ve found with some nappies that only secure the adjusted rise with 2 poppers that these come easily undone when trying to put it on a wriggly baby. My little one hasn’t yet wriggled enough to defeat these!

Although I haven’t needed to yet, there is room to add more inserts to boost the absorbency, but the single insert provided works well for us during the day. They fit my little one well and they have been able to cope with his explosions without a leak so far.

These are quite slim-line nappies and I don’t need to use a vest extender, as I do with a lot of the other nappies I have.

The nappies are really good value for money and the range of colours is good.

Cons
The nappy is sold as a one-size with the weight range given as 6.5lbs – 28lbs, but personally I think this could be quite loose on a small baby. The waist does have poppers to bring it in tight, but it would really benefit from having a cross-over option for the smaller waists.

The microfibre insert felt quite scratchy to begin with and is only starting to soften after about 10 washes, which initially had me thinking that it felt quite ‘cheap’, but as it has done what it needed to do, is only a minor negative.

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews