Absorbancy: n/a
Cuteness: 2/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 4/10

Overall Comment:
Change bag nappy!

Detailed Comments:
I had a really hard time reviewing this wrap. I 'bought' it in LL's free for postage offer, and almost feel bad scoring it quite low, since it was free.
Over the LL bamboo nappy we got it is a great fit on DS, but over any other nappy I find it very bad. The wings are very narrow in height, when used over bamboozles it leaves gaps at the bottom near DS' legs which leads to leaks.
Also, despite being used very little and only having been washed possibly 3 or 4 times the PUL has seperated from the polyester backing in several places, which leaves it looking and feeling very fragile, currently it doesn't affect the performance, but I have no doubt that it will lead to holes developing more easily in the PUL.
Over all, because of the fit problems and the fabric quality issues I very rarely use this wrap, it sits in the bottom of the nappy drawer and is only used if I run out of other wraps. Unfortunately it hasn't been, for me, a great advert for LL wraps and wouldn't entice me to buy another.

My avatar
nappiesofnorthdevon
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Review: Little Lamb PUL wrap

Postby nappiesofnorthdevon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Manufacturer: Little Lamb
Nappy Name: Little Lamb nappy wrap
Type of Nappy: PUL wrap
Fastener: velcro
Material: Polyester knit PUL
Size: Availble in 3 sizes, I am reviewing size 2

Reliability: 3/10
Cuteness: 7/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 2/10

Overall Comment: Poor containment :(

I would not buy another of these wraps. I bought one to try as they are seemed very cheap compared to other wraps.

I have used mine less than 10 times and it has probably been washed 5 times and the PUL has started to separate and it wicks really badly within an hour or so - basically it does not seem waterproof.

Best Uses: Struggling here... :lookround:

Good alternatives: Lollipop Popngro BTP cover, Mother-ease covers, Wee Notions

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm

This si so strange I never had any problems with containment it was my most reliable wrap ever. I think im in the minority but i didn't like motherease or weenotions wraps at all :shock: My little lambs have contained newborn breastfed poo and poorly toddler poo. sorry TMI!

Size: 1-3

Reliability: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Slimness: 8 /10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: FAB!

I used these from birth at 8lbs right upto 10 months old in size 1 and got a couple of size 2's which still fit my 2 year old. They were THE most reliable wrap ever and i am keeping them for the next baby. They were not used in a big rotation so have had literally hundreds of washes and still going strong. I have not liked any other PUL wrap but don't use them anymore since developing a liking for fleeece and wool. I went back to them for when my toddler had a nasty stomach bug and didn't let us down then either.

I think it all depends on the size and shape of your baby rather than how they are made or a design fault.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:25 am

Size: 1-3

Slimness: 8 /10
Value for money: 10/10

My favourite pul wrap for sure! These have been our most reliable wrap for the last 4 months they kept breastfed & non breastfed explosions at bay :giggle: we have had no leaks what so ever with them even when using dunk n fluff, Holdens Landings and Upsy Daisy nappies. I find them slim fitting which is great under babygros and vests it helps that they come in pretty colours too :wink: :wine:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Fastener: velcro/aplix
Size: 1-3 (I am reviewing size 2)

Slimness: 9 /10
Value for money: 10/10

I love these wraps and have never had a problem! I first tried one out when Little Lamb were doing the free offer and it definitely encouraged me to buy more. I use size 2s on my daughter and have also bought some size 1s ready for baby #2, who is due imminently :D

Looks-wise, I think they are very cute - and even more so now that there are colours available! I found that the white ones don't stay white for that long and the aplix does go grey quite quickly.. but then maybe that's because they are washed with lots of different coloured nappies so maybe that doesn't happen to all of them - and anyway, won't have the 'staying white' problem with the coloured ones :D

Overall I think they are great and will definitely be buying more!

Return to Wraps and Other Cloth Nappy Accessory Reviews