My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Pixie Knits Wool Longies

Postby frankie_n_baby » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Manufacturer: Pixie Knits

Nappy Name: Pixie Knits longies

Type of Nappy: Wool longies (as cover for various fitted nappies)

Fastener : N/A but is drawstring waist

Material: BFL Aran wool in "carnival", dyed by Krafty Koala. Roll cuff to the legs.

Size 19" hips, 17" rise, 14" leg

Reliability 10/10
Absorbancy N/A
Cuteness 10/10
Drying Speed 9/10 (an estimate based on similar wool items as we've not had to wash or re-lanolise them yet)
Slimness N/A
Value for money 10/10

Overall Comment:
Fabulous

Detailed Comments:

This was my first tentative wool buy, but the website gallery photo of a similar Pixie Knits item in the "carnival"-dyed wool tempted me, even before our little model had made his debut :pregnant: .
We tried this overnight as many other nappy and wrap combinations up to this point had resulted in occasional leaks and rubbing as our little guy is rather a heavy wetter. Both my hubbie and I were somewhat dubious as to the supposedly miraculous properties of wool but we were amazed. No leaks, no smells and no rubbing.
These longies are beautifully and uniformly knitted, wonderfully soft and came lanolised (but neither too little or too much), so were ready to go . They fit nicely over a variety of our fitted nappies and I look forward to using them during the day as the weather gets cooler.

The only "cons" I can think of are that I didn't start using them on him sooner and that he will outgrow them at some point. I would definitely buy again.

Return to Wraps and Other Cloth Nappy Accessory Reviews