Motherease Wraps Review

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Motherease Wraps - Review

Postby joodel » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Manufacturer: Motherease
Nappy Name:airflow wraps (savannah, ocean, wetlands, plain white)
Type of Nappy: NA
Fastener: popper
Material: PUL
Size: small, medium-large, large and extra large

Reliability: 12/10 (!)
Absorbency: NA
Cuteness: 7/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: NA (10/10)
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
These wraps have lasted us 5 and a half years and are still going strong. No problems with elastic losing it's elasticity, or the waterproof-ness decreasing. They fit like a dream as they are so adjustable with poppers around the legs and the waist. I can't rave about these more...seriously...I have used these wraps with all three of my children since birth and I really can't fault them on durability and reliability! My small ones (plain white) did discolour on the inside slightly, but it was used with my three kids, plus my cousin's two boys and is now being used by my son's teacher's baby girl! That is a good quality product IMO!Image
(of course, we don't have much in the way of choice here in South Africa, so perhaps that's why I like the patterns...there is nothing like that available locally!!)

My avatar
elliebear
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Motherease Wraps Review

Postby elliebear » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Motherease airflow wraps, specifically!

Reliability: 10/10
Cuteness: 4/10
Slimness: 10/10

Overall comment: Unbeatable!

Detailed Comments:
Well my little girl finally did a nappy armageddon that my wonderful motherease airflow wraps could NOT cope with!
I was disappointed to say the least when I saw a small tell-tale damp spot on one trouser leg ... until I opened the nappy up.
Lets just summarise by saying that she was not well anyway, had diarrhoea, and there was poo from waist to waist and all inbetween. Even plenty (somehow) inbetween the nappy and the wrap - how did that happen??????
So my full compliments to the airflow wrap for only letting a tiny bit out when it was clearly under so much stress.
On any normal day, they seem to be bombproof ... they really are so great!
And my useful need-to-know tip: I found out (the hard way, sorry Maddie!) that you don't need to do them up tight around the leg or waist. If you take the wrap off once it has been worn for a few hours and there are red marks on the skin, you have done it up too tight.
Use a looser popper next time. It still works perfectly - I promise, no leaks!
I have to agree with all the other mums about the designs though ... they are OK but nothing to write home about. If Motherease got that sorted I reckon they could easily be the market leader ...

My avatar
nappiesofnorthdevon
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nappiesofnorthdevon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Manufacturer: Mother-ease
Nappy Name:airflow and Rikki wraps (savannah, ocean, wetlands, plain white)
Type of Nappy: NA
Fastener: popper/aplix
Material: PUL
Size: extra small, small, medium-large, large and extra large

Cuteness: 6/10
Slimness: NA
Value for money: 7/10

Overall Comment: Bombproof!

This is a great cover with excellent containment, both airrflow and Rikki are great. However, the binding is of a funny material and leaves red marks on my daughters legs. I also feel the sizes are cut without much range meaning you need to buy AT LEAST 3 different sizes but than likely 4 or 5 making it not such great value...

Best uses: Over any fitted or terry day or night

Good alternatives: Popolini wraps & Lollipop Popngro

My avatar
taznmaple
Clothie
Clothie

Postby taznmaple » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Motherease Airflow (snap fastening)

Cuteness: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment:
Highly recommended

Detailed Comments:
I was dubious as to how good these would be - they look pretty gap-ey round the legs. Actually they are bomb-proof and we have had only a handful of leaks. We use them over terry squares and over fitted nappies and they are fab over both. Would heartily recommend them, just a pity they don't come in a one-size design

My avatar
Etak
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Etak » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Motherease airflow they were one of the first ones I tried. Can't say I got on with them I could never get the exact fit with the poppers. They were either too tight or too loose, it just did not work and they leaked for me. A lot of positive reviews so I thought I would mention my experience just to balance it out.

My avatar
mamyleone
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mamyleone » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm

I started with the airflows (lots if them!) and I agree with all of the reviews. Motherease have created Wizard EasyStuff, a birth to potty AIO which you can stuff terry or bamboo squares (folded) like a booster. They are BRILLIANT!! WANT SOME MORE so if anyone is selling them please contact me please xx

Prints are ok. In bright blue ocean or orange savana print. I have a boy so the colours are no problem. No leaks yet and the best bit has to be a stay dry layer bit built in the nappy itself. It draws the wet onto the boosters so as not to keep the wetness on the bottom or the skin. Goes 5 to 6 hours in the day. Not tried in the night yet.

My avatar
bealos
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bealos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Motherease Wraps - Airflow (poppers) and Rikki (velcro/aplix)

Absorbancy: n/a
Cuteness: 5/10
Slimness: 9/10

Overall Comment:
Probably the best wrap on the market

Detailed Comments:

Good value, 'work horse' quality wraps that will see you (or you and others) through several babies.

They wash well, tend not to stain (unlike other wraps with yellow bf poo) and don't seem to wear even after repeated washing at 60 degrees. It's worth noting that the Airflow wraps last longer than the Rikki, because of the wear and tear on velcro.

They are much softer and less plasticky feeling than other PUL wraps I tried (such as Cotton Bottom / Bummis) and fit from newborn with the XS size up to toddler with the Large size. I found Rikkis worked better on newborns due to the double leg gusset.

My chunkier baby fitted the Airflows well, whereas my skinnier baby suits the Rikkis better. Airflows have a baggier fit to them (it's in the name - the air flows better through them) and go over fitted nappies. The Rikkis fit over both fitted nappies as well as holding prefolds and terries in place.

Good resale value - especially the prints. I like the new bright Savannah and Ocean prints.

Previous

Return to Wraps and Other Cloth Nappy Accessory Reviews