My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Thirsties Duo wraps

Postby megansmummy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:45 am

Reliability: 10
Absorbancy: n/a
Cuteness: 9 (there are some lovely colours and prints)
Drying Speed: 10
Slimness: 10
Value for money: 10

Overall comment: Fabulous! :wine:

Detailed coments:
These wraps are available in 2 sizes :size 1 covers 6-18lbs and size 2 covers 18-40lbs. They also come in aplix or popper closure!

Right, these are simple fantastic! I love the sized thirsties wraps too but these are just better in my opinion :) I love that they have the snap down rise feature becuase i often want to use a different setting depending on what nappy im using. When im using prefolds i like to use them on the middle setting (size 2 wrap) and when i use fitteds then i use the wraps on the large rise setting. They are adjustable, and I can see them fitting Kieren for a long while yet, he is about 26lbs at 16 months.

I have just bought two more in size 2 for Kieren and also bought 4 size 1's for our new baby due in feb :)

A slight drawback to these wraps is that they are not very widely availabe in the UK, Kittykins has been my first port of call for these but sadley they are closing down. The sized thirsties wraps are available from a lot of online places including www.peachytots.co.uk but not the duo ones :(

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Thirsties Duo wraps

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Cuteness: 9

Overall comment: Fantastic, the Best we've tried

Detailed coments:
We have tried both sizes of these wraps, although only in applix (poppers are available but not tried them yet).

Size 1 covers 6-18lbs:
We got 2 (Storm Cloud & Ocean Blue) when Rufus was 8 weeks as I was finding that other wraps we were using were not containing newborn poo well and/or were chaffing his thighs. My first thought on recieving these were how much softer than normal PUL wraps they were, the seem more like fabric than plastic, the bindings were stretchy and soft and the leg gussets sat snugly against his skin without being tight or leaving marks. I liked the fact that they have adjustable rise as we use a whole variety of nappies but now can use just one type of wrap as I haven't found a nappy they don't fit over yet. The containment is fantastic, we've never had a leak even with a 4 days worth of poo explosion! The perfect Wrap for a newborn

The only downside with these was that because he is very long, Rufus outgrew the Sz1 before 18lbs so I was glad we bought these early on. We bought a Size 2 (meadow) which did fit at this point but were quite 'big' from an aesthetic point of view, so I did buy a couple of the standard wraps in Medium (Red & Ocean Blue) to cover this period, but that was only me being fussy about how they looked.

He was soon into the Sz 2's properly when he reached 17.5lbs they fit perfectly. I was SO pleased when they bought out some prints & bought both the boy ones (Blackbird & Cool Stripe). I now have 6 of these wraps in total and don't use anything else. Nothing compares for comfort, fit and ease of use. Very Sad that Kittykins is closing down as I bought all mine there, hope someone else starts to stock them soon!

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 am

Thirsties Duo wraps

Reliability: 5 (they are the most reliable wrap, if you manage to get one without manufacturing faults)
Cuteness: 9 (I'm not too bothered about cuteness, but seems nice)
Value for money: 5 (if they didn't have manufacturing faults, I would give it a 10 as they can be great!)

Overall comment: Good, but often poor quality!

Detailed coments:

I really like thirsties duo wraps; they are super for skinny babies! The fit is second to none.

However, they have some serious quality control issues**. I have 4 size ones and 3 size twos. The size ones are fine, but all three of the size twos have faults: two have faulty poppers on the rise (leak city) and on the third, the elastic on one of the gussets just stopped working (after only a handful of uses). I wouldn't buy them again, a near 50% fault rate is a little too much of a gamble for me.

**I got mine about a year ago, these issues may be resolved by now.

My avatar
ThePurpleDragon
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ThePurpleDragon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:41 am

My 12 week old already nearly out of size1, very small fitting :(

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:12 am

Cuteness: 9
Value for money: 9

Overall comment: Highly recommended

I have only one of these but really like it & wished I'd bought more. The material is not too stiff especially around the waist, there is some stretchiness to it which makes it more adjustable even with the popper version. It fits beautifully around the legs - no chance of leaks. I also like that it's versatile and can be used with pretty much any type of nappy (I mainly use fitteds, mostly Little Lambs, but have a few prefolds too.) Love the prints too!

However I also find the sizing a little small - my 7 week old is already on the largest rise setting for the size 1, although this fits quite comfortably so hopefully will last her a while longer. I wondered if it was because it is intended to be used with prefolds rather than fitted? I still love it though and am strongly tempted to buy more.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat May 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Cuteness: 10

Overall comment: Highly recommended

This is our go to cover/wrap just love these :love: The size one has fit my babies from birth 4310 and 3600g.
They have come out with alot more cute prints and colours since my first in cloth 10 years ago (sized covers though) and it is still our favorite wrap :thumbsup:
My son outgrew the size 1 around 3 months and the size 2 was a bit big but he soon grew into it and now at 9 months fit it perfectly

Return to Wraps and Other Cloth Nappy Accessory Reviews