Material: PUL with cotton or minkee outer
Size: 2 Sizes

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: n/a
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10

The GEN-Y Universal is a side-snapping wrap that is designed to be used with any type of nappy. We have tried it with Flip inserts, weehugger inserts, tots bots stretchies, prefolds, terry squares, motherease sandys and bitti boos. Fits over all of them perfectly (although ive not personally tried the Size 1).

They fasten with side-snaps like the Motherease Airflow, which i was nervous about because we always got red marks with the airflow, but have had no problems with these. I really like that the snaps give you the ability to adjust the waist and the legs seperately ,which is a real bonus for us with DS's chunky thighs.

The prints we have are cotton exteriors, and the cotton layer is seperate to the PUL to help prevent wicking. We have not had wicking issues with these at all.

The inside has a polyester flap at the front and back to hold inserts in place if you are using it with inserts. So like the Flip concept, but IMO this is far more effective because the flaps are much bigger and hold inserts in place much better.

They also have a gusset to help with containment,

Prints are released every few months and they have some really unique and beautiful designs.

Overall, this is a great wrap and one that we now use frequently. The quality is really really high. Highly recommended :thumbsup:

Return to Wraps and Other Cloth Nappy Accessory Reviews