hf1

Mirena coil?

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Mirena coil?

Postby emmajayne33 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:23 pm

JennyPenny wrote:I am booked in to have a normal coil fitted on Monday. Doctor said I was too young for the mirena coil and it was more for women 40+?? I am only 22 but didn't realise age was a factor. :-?

I'm 23 and I had the mirena coil fitted 6 weeks ago... there was no mention of my age :-?

It's great, I have had no mood swings, bleeding or anything *touch wood* :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:59 pm

JennyPenny wrote:I am booked in to have a normal coil fitted on Monday. Doctor said I was too young for the mirena coil and it was more for women 40+?? I am only 22 but didn't realise age was a factor. :-?

That is a load of tosh, I know plenty of young people who have had it fitted. I would be worried about the heavy bleeding with a "normal" coil. You should get a second opinion or go to your family planning clinic to get one. x

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:53 am

Kirstyh wrote:

That is a load of tosh, I know plenty of young people who have had it fitted. I would be worried about the heavy bleeding with a "normal" coil. You should get a second opinion or go to your family planning clinic to get one. x

i agree- it is not really recommend if you haven't had children but otherwise i don't know of any age limit!

I had one after charlie- some irreg bleeding to start then nothing- no problem at all with it and had it in about 5 yrs until sam! i am not allowed hormaonal forms of contraception due to my liver but this was thought to be fine as so small amounts enter your blood stream I was going to have it re fitted after sam but at the mo no need for contraception so i haven't bothered- but if the need arouse :wink: :wink: i would have it again but my options are fairly limited

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:16 am

charliesam wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:

i agree- it is not really recommend if you haven't had children but otherwise i don't know of any age limit!

Actually they are now fitting it for younger women that haven't had children. Apparently those women need measured first to see if they can actually insert it, but for someone that has already had children there isn't the same problems.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:30 am

i was offered the mirena coil a couple of years ago when i would have been 25....no mention of age....nor that i has not had a baby vaginally

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:41 am

Oh thank you ladies. Dh doesn't want anymore children unless I can manage to talk him in to it so This might be an option for me. I haven't really ever used the pill of anything apart from when I was around 16.
good to hear how you have got on I might as Dr about it today.

x

My avatar
suzanneuk
Clothie
Clothie

Postby suzanneuk » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:26 am

I was fitted with the Mirena Coil when it first came to the UK .. years ago (I was 24 years old?) ... I have had my second coil fitted by a different doc.. and I was not amused with ethe side effects.. same damn thing yet so much different!!! I rember my first doc saying how some docs have no idea how to fit!!! hmmm I believe him now.

Anyway... my partner and I have decided to try for a baby.. I wonder how quickly I will get pregnant.. Ideally I would like a May/June Baby. I know this sounds harsh... BUT I have 3 other children.. with birthdays and Christmas and other things.. Ideally.. May/june would be perfect... I have never planned a child before so this would be a moment of perfection (all will go wrong and the baby will probably arrive x-mas day LMAO...
Oh well I do have a sense of humour and will welcome a lil one when he arrives.. ok.. if bad luck prevails another horrendous daughter would be most welcome :-P ahhhhhhhhhh its ok.. I love a challenge lol.. otherwise I woudl not consider the removal of the Mirena coil lol

Any ideas about time and conception when removed?

Many thanks

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:55 am

suzanneuk wrote:Any ideas about time and conception when removed?

Many thanks

When I had mine removed last month I was told fertility would return pretty much straight away and to use a barrier method until I got an af and went on to the pill, as I could in theory get pregnant. Hope it doesnt take you long to get :pregnant:

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mamarozi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:23 am

I have it since December. I'm not moody, still horny :lol: (the pill killed my sex appetite), but I have loooong periods. Not heavy at all, but looooong. First I thought spot bleeding, but its heavier than that. In Jan it lasted 3 weeks, now its 2 weeks and still present. At my always-very-regular 28days cycle, this gave me exactly 1 week bloodfree!!! :gaah: I said I will give it another two months. If the bleeding doesnt recede to at least a normal 1week period, I will have it removed!

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things