hf1

30DD and desperate for a nursing bra that fits!

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

30DD and desperate for a nursing bra that fits!

Postby Juli » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:30 am

Hi everyone,

I wrote a little while ago to ask if anyone could recommend a nursing bra in a 30 back. It's been a few months and I have tried on absolutely everything I could find, but I still haven't been able to find anything that fits well and is comfortable. I've tried the Bravissimo range, because they start at 30, but their bras just don't suit me, because they're designed with fuller busted women in mind who are generally bigger, whereas I'm a 30DD at the moment but am generally petite and find their bras are too structured and there is just too much fabric in the cups.

I've tried a few different sleep bras as well, as that is the amount of support I'm ideally after (ie. not too restrictive and very soft and comfortable), but they tend to be too wide in the back as well, and because I'm short and the shoulder straps tend not to be adjustable, they are usually too long as well.

So I'm feeling very frustrated. At the moment I'm wearing this one: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack-Maternity-Cotton-Non-Wired-Nursing/dp/B001NDYSII?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_2&nodeId=541132031&sr=1-2&qid=1332242744&pf_rd_r=142HQGTC4F7YZVFECV25&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=541132031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3 in a 32DD, but I'm already on the tightest setting, so they probably won't fit once baby is born. They also gape at the front (ie, between the breasts), which is another problem I have with most nursing bras.

Can anyone suggest any alternatives? Maybe there's someone on here who's a 30 back as well and has found something that works for them? Or maybe someone has found a 32 or 34 bra that runs really small and so might fit?

Any suggestions would be appreciated :wave:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: 30DD and desperate for a nursing bra that fits!

Postby Shaunie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:35 am

Oh no :( , how frustrating. What one's have you already tried? I wear 36/38E now but I also find that some gape at the front too. My Hotmilk one did this less though but sadly out-grown the DD cup already!

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:24 pm

I have a small back (used to be 32, now 34) and big boobs (GG at their smallest, currently HH) and find bravissimo have the best range, as they carry lots of different types of bras. Not all their fitters are good though, so maybe you could try ordering a few online and send back what doesn't work? It's frustrating and very expensive!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:30 pm

I have been pregnant or :bf: for the last 9 years and always wear HotMilk. I haven't found anything else that fits as well or is supportive enough.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm not sure if the gap UK carries the same bra range but i found these and they look really comfy, havent tried one but it might work as its a s,m,l size range rather than a size

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=35427&vid=1&pid=153962&scid=153962012

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:58 pm

ANother vote for hotmilk here, they fit lovely, I am going to have to down size to a D from a DD now my supply has settled right down. I wear Mothercare bras for sleeping in but they fit crap, big gap at the front, only cover half my boob (even my tiny diddies fall out at night) and fabric stretches after a short while wearing, I did like the mothercare maternity bras though, nice trim fit

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:32 pm

I was a 30dd and like hot milk and freya bra's. Also rigby and pellar are excellent!
I had those M&S one's before getting my hot milk one's and hate them with a passion , so feel your pain. Its sounds like we are a very similar shape and size , so hopefully those suggestions will suit you. x

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:15 am

scarlet wrote:I was a 30dd and like hot milk and freya bra's. Also rigby and pellar are excellent!
I had those M&S one's before getting my hot milk one's and hate them with a passion , so feel your pain. Its sounds like we are a very similar shape and size , so hopefully those suggestions will suit you. x

Thank you everyone for your commiserations and suggestions. Thank you, @Scarlet, in particular. It does sound like we're the same size. Could you tell me which particular models you found worked well for you?

I will have another look at all the suggested bras and will let you know how I get on.

Return to Mums Things