hf1

What to get? csp

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: What to get? csp

Postby chocmuffin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:05 pm

I have a few heavy ones which I'll use after a few days but not getting any Pp ones either as they cost so much! Not how it'll be using normal ones as I haven't been near one for so long, but hopefully as I have quite a few heavy & more than enough mediums I'll just change often once making the switch! x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:41 pm

I wonder how many i will need? Like i say i bled for 11 weeks last time but only heavily for a week or so i think :-? I cannot get my head around making them TBH I have the materials except snaps but just dont think i am upto it

I am being fussy as i don't want preloved but managed to get hold of 4 preloved but never used :D just wondering whether to get more new ones :-?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 pm

I made my own csp and it was surprisingly easy. Plus you can adapt patterns to suit you.
I'm hoping to do full time csp after acorn so I'll have to make some heavy flow pads.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Bugglyboo wrote:I made my own csp and it was surprisingly easy. Plus you can adapt patterns to suit you.
I'm hoping to do full time csp after acorn so I'll have to make some heavy flow pads.

tell me more :giggle:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 pm

I will tell you how I did it once the monster is in bed and I can get on the laptop.
I was really surprised at the results. I love my homemade csp.

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Sara -making csp is easy peasy, especially if you do them with fleece backs/wings as you can just cut them out to the right shape and they don't fray. I managed to make a whole set of heavy flow pads just using off-cuts of bv that I had left over so it cost me nothing :)

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Ok, here's what I did.

I chose my favourite pad and drew around the whole pad, I then tweaked it to make a shape that I was happy with. This became my pattern for the fleece backing/wings.
I then drew around the pattern template but this time, got rid of the wings and made an 8 shape (similar to the top layer of Little Gumnuts).
I made the bottom layer out of fleece. The middle layer, bamboo fleece and the top layer minky or obv.
I then used a zig zag stitch and stitched around all 3 layers of the csp, following the 8 shape of the middle and top layers.
I put two poppers on the wings et voila csp.

Did that make sense?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks i might have a go then :D

I have Fleece for backing, Bamboo fleece for core and BV for top. Its just the snaps that are making me nervous and i def need wings :lol:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Id either make or buy ordinary night ones and change more often tbh x

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things