Post partum CSP advice please

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Post partum CSP advice please

Postby cuppachaplz » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:00 am

Can anyone recommend CSP for pp use.
I would like to use from the start as I get really irritated by whatever they put in towels, and am assuming that that is the last thing I'll want if my VBAC goes to plan.
Cheaper, or hm patterns/guidance ideal :sewing: , as I am unlikely to use again, being totally in ove with my moon cup!
TIA x :thumbsup:

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Post partum CSP advice please

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:38 am

I have just bought a pack of 'sew your own' csp from Little Gumnut. I haven't made them yet but material seems lovely and pattern looks very simple. She was really lovely as well so I'm sure can give you advice on how to get appropriate absorbency for pp.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Not used them myself but have a look here for pattern ideas.

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:35 am

Thanks for that :widesmile:

So rough;y how many does one needing a stash?
I do a wash every day.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:38 am

i actually only had 5 PP pads and then about 10 normal ones and then 5 light ones. I only bled heavy for a few days though. They dry quick though not like drying nappies :wink:

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:09 pm

They are pretty easy to make. I bleed quite heavily for a couple of weeks and then another 4 of lighter bleeding so I'm planning on a largish stash this time. I've made about 8 so far but I reckon I'll be wanting about 12-14 to wash every other day. Haven't fully convinced OH about the wonders of fluff so washing is down to me until he sees me doing it and then I expect he'll take over pretty sharpish ;)

My avatar
owlsaboutthat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby owlsaboutthat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi,

I made my own pp pads out of prefolds. I bought some bamboo velour and also used a brushed cotton sheet which I used as my outer layers. I bought myself kam snaps as well.

I also made myself a wrap to go underneath the pad. I should have made two. I bought some PUL fabric for this.

There are loads of resources online. I will try to post some links later.

They didn't look terribly pretty but they did the job. After looking online I made up my own patterns. I have done a bit of dressmaking in the past but would not say I'm hugely proficient.

I had 18 half fishtail which were great when the flow was heavier and half hourglass ones.

I found myself wearing leggings to keep everything in place although I think it was more a confidence thing.

Owls x

Return to Mums Things