hf1

Newbie - a few questions :)

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Newbie - a few questions :)

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Ok, having had the coil removed, Im going to be having periods again :-? So, if Im going to have to have periods, I decided I wanted some nice cloth san pro. Bought 10 (so get another 2 free) pretty ones from Weenotions this morning, but could do with a few more. Think I want some less expensive ones though so has anyone any recommendations? Ive seen the UD ones, can anyone let me know how they compare, or any recommendations?

I never liked tampons so wouldnt be interested in the Mooncup :|

Many thanks, Sadie xx

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Newbie - a few questions :)

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:09 pm

I think there is a lady on here (and her name has gone right out of my head!) who will soon be selling cheaper snapro, and it looks very good :D check out the wahm grapevine i think. Ellashouse sanpro is good too, but cant remember what its like pricewise. You could always try making some yourself! Only basic sewing machine skills required and very cheap and cheerful :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:42 pm

I got into making my own too, as they were quite easy to make and its not like anyone sees them :wink: Only branded ones I ever tried were lunapads, which were OK

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:49 pm

:hohoho: at the thought of letting me loose with scissors a needle and some thread. If I could knit or crochet them I would be fine :hohoho:

Going to spend an hour browsing tonight :) So all of your suggestions welcome!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:02 pm

I have both WN and UD pads (and am lucky enough to have a couple of FF ones, too, thanks to the nappy fairy). I've found that I prefer OBV topped pads, rather than minkee (the WN are OBV, the UD are minkee).

I prefer the fit of the WN ones - the wings seem to hold the pad in place more effectively. Perhaps that's just something to do with the width of my underwear? Because the UD ones have two width fittings, just like the WN ones do. I've found the UD are as good as the WN ones in terms of absorbency, washing and drying etc. So just on the basis of the wings really, I prefer the WN to the UD ones.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Thanks Nicola :)

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Ive got a lot of choice on my site -a different make I have is the Florence ones made by Annie Puddlepants which are good quality for their price!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:41 am

I can highly recommend heathers site, luxury moon is FAB!! :wink: :wink: I also like lunawolf and their pads are reasonable too. Hope you build up a lovely stash, i love mine!!

Return to Mums Things