hf1

Pads suitable for pregnancy?

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Pads suitable for pregnancy?

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Since being PG, I occasionally suffer with stress incontinence :oops: :hohoho: - are there any pads suitable for this that will also be useful for when I've had lo and AF returns?

Thanks!

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Pads suitable for pregnancy?

Postby Heather London » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi

Theres a big choice on my site. You could choose a small pad - maybe the Wee Notions Teen pad. I would probably go for a PUL backed pad myself. If you want a slightly bigger pad there are pads by Pudddlepants and Minki that are PUL backed. HTH

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:00 am

Thx :)
Will keep an eye on ur site for more 'fluff and stuff' pads.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:31 am

Im in need of doing more pelvic floor exercises myself, and sometimes get a little leak of wee before i make it to the loo, even if im not dying to go :oops: I dont always wear pads because ive convinved myself its not that bad, but sometimes if i go out for the day i will use a pad just in case, and they've saved my knickers a couple of times :giggle: I just use a WN medium pad but could probably get away with a lighter one.

:hug: I hope things improve after the pregnancy, its no fun to have your bladder rebel against you :hug:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:30 pm

gayleygoo wrote:I
:hug: I hope things improve after the pregnancy, its no fun to have your bladder rebel against you :hug:

Totally agree! I never realised it was quite common until I spoke to my MW, but ppl dont talk about it. I try to remember to do pelvic floor exercises, but am so tired atm that by the time lo is in bed I'm ready to sleep myselflol. Must make more of an effort!!
Thanks for ur honesty :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:54 am

gayleygoo wrote:Im in need of doing more pelvic floor exercises myself, and sometimes get a little leak of wee before i make it to the loo, even if im not dying to go :oops: I dont always wear pads because ive convinved myself its not that bad, but sometimes if i go out for the day i will use a pad just in case, and they've saved my knickers a couple of times :giggle: I just use a WN medium pad but could probably get away with a lighter one.

Me too :oops:
zippie-purple-monkey wrote:Totally agree! I never realised it was quite common until I spoke to my MW, but ppl dont talk about it.
Thanks for ur honesty :)

It is very true - I wonder how many of us there are?? Might do a poll when I get a minute!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:42 pm

You're right, its not something that people really talk about unless they are asked directly, and even then it can be embarssing to tell the truth! And i dont know what percentage of pregnant women and mums suffer from it buts its got to be alot, its just not something that comes up in conversation at toddler groups :lol: I dont mind though, its part of being a mummy and if i really could be bothered to do PF excersies properly then it wouldnt be that bad at all! Its up there on the list along with "getting fit again" :roll:

My MW told me to think of a couple of things that would help me remember to do them. For example, everytime i boil the kettle, have a cup of tea, talk on the phone etc, and sometimes i do remember that way, but as busy mums we often have something else to do while just boiling the kettle!

Return to Mums Things