Sorry, another question about csp :?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Sorry, another question about csp :?

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 am

Sorry for all the questions :oops: :oops:

I got my Ebay bargain CSP this morning, they are lovely, well made and Im surprised at how slim they are, but I tried one on and the actual pad bit felt quite 'firm', and not soft and pliable with my knickers, so although I couldnt see it through my trousers I felt it was kind of poking out the back (wouldnt be a good look :giggle: )

Sooooo, finally, my question is do they soften up after they have been washed, and how many times should they be washed before I wear them?

Ta muchy, Sadie xx

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Sorry, another question about csp :?

Postby beck » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:39 am

What are they made from? I always just wash and wear and the first few times I know there not going to be a full absorbency so I change more often just like I would a nappy. Yep I'd say they will soften nicely after a wash.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:51 am

The description is 2 layers of flannel, cotton batting and pul. Here is the listing if that helps make sense http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0433387684

Also, totally totally stupid question, but which way up should they go - the pad on top or the flannel :-? :lol: I think Im going to have to contact the seller and ask :-?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:55 am

If you pinch the fabric you might be able to feel the PUL which would be that side down

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:01 am

beck wrote:If you pinch the fabric you might be able to feel the PUL which would be that side down

Cant work it out, Ive just pinched it but it doesnt feel any different either side so have emailed the seller to ask her :-?

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:25 am

I would say that flannel usually loses its *soft" appearance, as the brushed part pushes down into the woven layer, and doesnt look quite so fluffy. I have a lovely bedsheet thats flannel, and its lvoely and soft, bu I also have some otheres that have gone a bit crisp. Probably to do with the quality of the cotton and the maunufacturing style when the fabric was made. Cotton batting, I use it for quilting, as a soft layer .. I use it in bags anywhere where I want a big of squidge or firmness. I have not tried used it for making nappies or CSP though, not sure on its absorbancy tbh. I'd want something stayed soft, without having to tumble it to do so.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Seller has emailed back to say the solid bit goes upwards and that after a wash or 2 they will soften up and stay nice and soft - phew! Have them in a wash already, so think I will wash them a good few times before I use them!

Thanks ladies :mrgreen:

Return to Mums Things