hf1

Being treated, what to get

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Being treated, what to get

Postby bryc1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Right DH is being very kind to me and giving me £30 :wine: to get some csp as I am fed up with disp ones giving me thrush etc. I tend to have 1 day of heavy af rest is med -light but prefer the longer SPs just incase. So what do you recomend I get?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Being treated, what to get

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:50 pm

I really like my JR pads. I prefer OBV tops and wool backs, so they're perfect for me. Don't have anywhere enough of them, though. I find the OBV less sweaty than minkee tops. And cotton doesn't appeal, for no good reason. :giggle: I find the wool backing to feel less crinkly than PUL backs; they're about as far from disposable pads as you can get, I think.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:36 pm

I was wondering what size to get too. Medium or Heavy :-? I hate feeling like I'm wearing a folded up bathtowel in my pants, which is why I normally, 8/10 times, wear tampons. I'm scared by the mooncups (It makes a SEAL inside you! :shock: that you have to break to get out :shock: :shock: ), but I've been thinking about sponges or the crochet tampons. But I NEEEED some CSP to keep my fluff fix going :giggle:

ETA: Louise gave me this link. I'm prob going to be ordering some Minki's ones. they're about £3.75 each for the medium fleece topped. Cheapest I've seen so far :giggle: I have one on order from UD. Wish I'd gotten more while I could now really. Only bought one as wasn't sure if I'd like them :roll:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Soupdragon wrote:I really like my JR pads. I prefer OBV tops and wool backs, so they're perfect for me. Don't have anywhere enough of them, though. I find the OBV less sweaty than minkee tops. And cotton doesn't appeal, for no good reason. :giggle: I find the wool backing to feel less crinkly than PUL backs; they're about as far from disposable pads as you can get, I think.

Does OBV stain? I have only used minkee and know this doesn't so just curious really???

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:10 am

Oh good question, Hubby is treating me ( :roll: when did it happen that hubbs treating me was him buying me CSP!!) for christmas so i will order next month ish and i too am pondering what to get...

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:40 am

I've actually bought this set just the other day as I couldnt resist the colours :giggle:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:44 am

I LOVE my Jimmy Riddles! I have wool, fleece and PUL backed pads and they're all fab. Heather stocks them on Luxury Moon, and Bethy also has a store on Hyena Cart.

Bamboo velour doesn't stain if you soak the pads or rinse them after use.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:14 am

I've not really had a problem with OBV staining. I rinse my pads in cold water as soon as I take them off, then throw them in the nappy bucket and wash with the nappies as normal. Any stains have always sunned out straight away.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:54 am

Thanks, looks like I will be doing some JR stalking then.

Return to Mums Things