hf1

Questions - mooncup & CSP

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Questions - mooncup & CSP

Postby Mareth » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:26 pm

OK, a few questions as I'm fed up with these horrible plastic things :evil: :roll:

What are the best CSP in everyone's opinions? Good absorbancy without being too thick?
Also, just how thick are they? (e.g. compared to always & the like?

Is the mooncup ok to use with the coil fitted?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:36 pm

No idea with regards the mooncup question hun, sure someone will be able to help you on that query.

With regards the pads, the thicknesses depend very much on the inner material i think. I have some thicker ones than others. I have some lycra topped weenotions ones that are thin and slim line and then some weenotions like my viscose topped ones that have a bamboo inner (if my memory serves me correctly) and they are thicker. So often it is down to the inner material. I think they are probably on a par with always pads and the like (it's that long ago since i saw an always pad!) as i was a tampon girl before switching to CSP.

HTH you Mareth :D

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:45 pm

Thanks Nic, I was always a tampon girl too, until having Rhys, the only real reason I'm not now is that I have so many pads left from maternity that I may as well use them :roll: . I hate them tho, they're so yucky! And I don't really want to go back to tampons as they aren't particularly pleasant either.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:48 pm

Mooncups are fab. I was totally converted by mine after day 1. :lol: It's worn very low down so I can't imagine it would be a problem with a coil. Don't know for sure though.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:58 pm

have to admit I have been thinking the same thing about the mooncup!

mmmm off to do a little research!

jan x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:03 pm

found this!

**http://www.mooncup.co.uk/menstrual_cup_faq.html#IUD

and if you have a mooch in the testimonials section quite a few refer to using mooncup whilst havein a coil fitted so looks good to me!

jan x

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:03 pm

Where does everyone recommend to buy their CSP then? Or should I go for a variety? (I'm a cheapskate and would ideally like just one set of postage :oops: :lol: )

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:23 pm

Weenotions ones are very nice, i paricularly love my viscose topped ones plus bamboo velour is very soft and WN have sets of those on there, 6 for price of 5.

I have some BV ones from luxury moon but not actually road tested these yet as af not been since they arrived.

I also like my luna pads from luna wolf too :D :D

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:26 pm

There is a new site that has different one including clothmamapads which are great.
But for thelife of me i cant remember the name....Someone help me out

Next

Return to Mums Things