do i dont i? recommendations wanted

My avatar
sarahloukpntia
Clothie
Clothie

do i dont i? recommendations wanted

Postby sarahloukpntia » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:23 pm

hi girls
ok, for some reason i've always felt a bit 'weird' about using washable san pro. i dont have any idea why cos we've used cloth full time for the kids since kp was 3 months & tierney was 4 days but hey hoo. anyway i usually use tampons but find that since my af returned from having tierney it's quite heavy & the super plus tampon's tend to leak after a couple of hours. also i like to use pads at night but hate the plasticy feeling against my skin. :oops:

i'm not ready to try that mooncup thing yet but have decided to take the plunge with pads. can anyone recommend any good one to try out? like i said before though my af is heavy so they need to be able to cope with that. also can anyone recommend a good free sewing pattern for them please. i do like to use liners sometimes during the month too.

anyway any advice on do's or dont's would be great.
thanks in advance
sarahlou xx

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: do i dont i? recommendations wanted

Postby Kybosh » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:44 pm

I don't know about cloth pads, but I can recommend a mooncup, it's a lot easier to use than it seems.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:49 pm

I'll second that Sally.

Honestly I thought exactly the same as you sarahlou and was really wary of trying it. But I was persuaded by the girls on the board and I'm trying it for the first month now. I've been posting about my success, so maybe have a read of that and see if I can convince you!

Otherwise I've used weenotions pads and they are fab.

I think there might be some links in the diy section to making your own.

My avatar
sarahloukpntia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sarahloukpntia » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am

thanks for your replies girlies :-) i'll have a bit more of a nosey tomorrow me thinks. gonna go to bed now but will have a think about the mooncup thing. will need persueding i think LOL
luv sarahlou xx

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:45 am

Depends what you are looking for with san pro. My personal favs are bv topped and wool backed, I don't like cotton/flannel topped as it's a little less soft and I don't like PUL backing as it's a little errrm sweaty. Fleece is ok top and bottom, but I now prefer to stick to natural materials.

My fav san pro is from The Hollow Oak, Jimmy Riddles or Fussybutt. I also like Homemade Mama (on Hyena Cart).

I'm another Mooncup FAN though - it really is brilliant and no harder to use than a tampon!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:51 am

I made the mistake of buying cloth sanpro before trying the Mooncup and then the cloth never got used - try one, you will be surprised :D

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:34 am

I only use pads but my favs are viscose topped weenotions ones (some fab designs patterns), with these ones you can choose your inner material to suit your flow so you can choose heavy flow. Had no probs with leaks at all since using my pads for about last 3/4 mths now. I also got some homemade mama ones from luxury moon which feel lovely and soft and are BV topped but not tried these as yet as waiting for af to arrive. :D HTH you!

My avatar
sarahloukpntia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sarahloukpntia » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:04 am

ok thanks for all the replies, i think i'm gonna give the mooncup a go so you've convinced me :-) I think i need size B. I'm almost 25 & both my babies have been c-sections (kp was an emer & tierney a elec) is that right then?
I'm also going to go have a look at hollow oak, jimmy riddles, weenotions & the USA one (when i get chance later) I prefer bv, minkee & fleece for inners on the kids nappies so think i'd prefer them for me.
need to get some paypal together first. LOL

with the mooncup though-what happens when you lie down? does it all empty back up into you? :-S

luv sarahlou xx

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:10 am

No idea with regards your mooncup question as i have never used one, sorry! Someone on here i am sure will help regards that though!

The US one (i am assuming you mean homemade mama) are now available to buy via Heather at luxury moon so saves you having to get from US yourself! HTH :D :D

Next

Return to Mums Things