Wool backed CSP help please!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Wool backed CSP help please!

Postby anothersquish » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:33 am

Bought these without really knowing what to do with them :hohoho:
Can they go in the washing machine? Can I/should I use spray on lanolin on the backs?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Wool backed CSP help please!

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 am

I wash mine with the nappies and I have a few wool backed pads, you shoudln't need to spray with lanolin either :wink:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:45 am

Same here. Mine go in on a 60 with nappies and no lanolin.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 am

i rinse mine with cold water after use, then put in nappy bucket til next nappy wash. wash at 60 as usual (but if its dyed dark, wash on their own for the first few washes to get rid of any risidual dye - i didnt, and it turned my pristine white nappies lilac :giggle: )

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:51 am

fluffycabbage wrote:i rinse mine with cold water after use, then put in nappy bucket til next nappy wash. wash at 60 as usual (but if its dyed dark, wash on their own for the first few washes to get rid of any risidual dye - i didnt, and it turned my pristine white nappies lilac :giggle: )

I did that too :oops: our wraps still have pink edging to prove what a doughnut I was :giggle:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:56 am

They can go in to soak whilst waiting for the next nappy wash now then!

My avatar
honouryourflow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby honouryourflow » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Do check with the manufacturers about what temperature to wash on. Some of mine for example are fine at 60', and others only up to 40'. Some wool will continue to felt up whenever washed at 60', which means your gorgeous pads will shrink at the back and be ruined.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:48 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:i rinse mine with cold water after use, then put in nappy bucket til next nappy wash. wash at 60 as usual

WSS

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:49 pm

honouryourflow wrote:Do check with the manufacturers about what temperature to wash on. Some of mine for example are fine at 60', and others only up to 40'. Some wool will continue to felt up whenever washed at 60', which means your gorgeous pads will shrink at the back and be ruined.

Yeah, I have a wool backed pad that got washed at 60 and it shrunk :( I still use it but it doesn't look good. I always wash at 40 now.

Next

Return to Mums Things