washable womens things....

My avatar
jessicawall_138
Clothie
Clothie

washable womens things....

Postby jessicawall_138 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi.
I am seriously considering using washable sanitary pads and breast pads, this time round... has anyone got any advice to give?
When I used disposable pads, after my first birth, I had such bad rubbing on the inside of my legs. Will washable, cotton ones stop this from happening? If so - I am getting them!! I really don't want that pain again!
Also, I found that with disposable breast pads they either moved under my breasts or just filled too quickly! I am rather large breasted, so is this the reason? Or will washable ones cure these problems?
I am a complete novice with all this - and even going to use cloth nappies!! (which I am very excited about!!!!)
Thankyou so much... the more advice and personal opinions the better :D Thankyou!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: washable womens things....

Postby nic1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:30 pm

have never used washable breast pads so can't advice on that personally, sorry, but i know many ladies on here have.

The pads i like are wool/fleece backed, none rub me. My personal faves are titches stitches, puddlekins and fussybutt pads. I am sure you won't regret making the switch, for me it's one of the best things i have done.

ETA: i never even put what topped pads i like, i love BV topped best but also like Minkee ones.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Hiya

I had BV breast pads and also have a large chest, I found they moved around quite alot. I will definately get some again but get them bigger so they stay tucked in my bra.
As for san pro, I've tried cotton and obv - and for me, it's obv everytime. So so soft and v comfortable. I have to use disposibles recently and they were itchy and smelt!!! WHich I'd never noticed before. U wont know until u try one! Mine are fleece backed, and I will also be getting wool backed.
HTH hun

My avatar
jessicawall_138
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jessicawall_138 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:58 pm

Thankyou for both your replies - not sure what abbreviations mean haha - but I am sure, I will figure them out haha
Any more replies would be really appreciated!!
Also - where do you recommed buying from? x

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:07 pm

BV - bamboo velour
OBV - organic Bamboo velour

Karen on here (karenandgeorgia is her username) makes titches stitches pads. Karen hasn't got a shop but lists her pads on her WAHM (work at home mum) thread she has in the WAHM corner.

Ems (Emma) of puddlekins fame has a shop and again her thread can be found on the WAHM section on here.

Bumsandroses stock the fussybutt pads.

HTH and fire away with anymore questions!! :D

Return to Mums Things