Mooncup

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Mooncup

Postby clothmama » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:14 am

When I was researching cloth nappies whilst pregnant I kept coming across references to reusable sanpro. I read all about the mooncup and to be honest I was a bit weirded out by the idea but kept thinking about over a good few months. AF arrived only 5 weeks after Louis was born, I obviously couldn't use tampons then as hadn't got to 6 weeks but at my next period I bought a box and I resented it!!!! I'd worked out I'd probably spent $1000 (£600) on tampons and pads since getting my period at 10 ( :? ) which is ALOT OF MONEY. So I figured it was worth giving it a try and I decided to take the plunge and try a mooncup, I gave myself 3 months as I'd read on thier site that it can take some time to get used to. My mooncup arrived, bigger than a tampon but smaller than a willy I thought!!!! :lol: 1st try I put it in in the shower, no problems, the first few days I often had to return to the bathroom to change the position as it was uncomfortable but after a few days had it sussed. At the end of my first period I even went on a waterslide using it!!! I would honestly NEVER go back to using tampons now, my periods seem to last less time and I definately get less period pains and I just feel better. If anyone is thinking about it I'd say go for it. No more bins full of yucky tampons, running out and having to rush to the shop, or spending all that money every month! Yes it takes some getting used to but I'm converted!!! If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:14 am

hi

Haven't heard of them before but I wouldn't mind reading some more info about them, where did you get them from?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:47 am

Hi Beck, they have thier own website http://www.mooncup.co.uk. There are also similar products like the Keeper and Diva cup (or something similar). I didn't like the look of them as they are brown!!! The mooncup is white silicone like a babies teat, much nicer lol!!

I also looked at reviews on other sites, just google mooncup reviews·

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:36 am

I've finally done it - just ordered myself a mooncup!

Here goes!!!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:07 pm

I've got one but not had the chance to use it :D Fell pregnant just after buying it and haven't yet had af after having Georgia :D :D :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:00 pm

Hooray Steph!!!! I really hope you get on with it and suggest you mentally allow yourself soem time to get used to it, it is different! If you have any probs or questions just ask!!

Karen I'm soooo jealous of you, I keep hearing about these women who don't get af while bf'ing or even if not bf'ing for months and months and months and I got 5 weeks without it this time (which gave be about a 3 day gap after post partum bleeding stopped lol!!). With Josh it was 6 weeks to the day and the same after my mc!! Obviously just how I am!

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:13 pm

have to agree, there fantastic, no going back for me now! i too got af back at 5 weeks Tory, and i was ex bfing, maybe we just unlucky ones! lol
Lora.xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Lora,fab to see you on here and fab to know I'm not the only one!!!! Seriously I've not heard of anyone else getting af back us quickly as us - hooooooray I'm not a freak :lol: :!: :!: It just seems that the only people you ever hear about have gone 6 months + without it (I wish!!!). Look forward to chatting more! Come and introduce yourself on the welcome board!

Take care,

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:29 pm

hello! nope your defo not alone! lol
as it is we ttc again so i guess i should be greatful! pmsl!

Next

Return to Mums Things