hf1

Bra recommendations? (non-nursing!)

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Bra recommendations? (non-nursing!)

Postby rhead » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:10 pm

I really need to replace some of my bras, I won't say how old they are :giggle: but it's definitely getting to be time. Any recommendations of where in the UK I might be able to find a basic, comfy, seamless unlined cotton bra? I've been wearing Victoria's Secret signature cotton bras for about as long as I can remember but they've changed them slightly since I last bought any and I'm wary of buying anything I haven't tried on :roll:. Thanks ladies!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Bra recommendations? (non-nursing!)

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Debenhams t-shirt bras are the most comfortable underwired bras ever... BUT they aren't what you describe... They are seamless but not 100% cotton...

If you buy with figleaves you can send back with free postage anything you don't like (although I'm not 100% sure how/if this would work in France) for a complete refund...

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:49 pm

I quite like asdas bras. they have a fairly decent range of sizes. Dont know if they have any 100% cotten ones tho. Also they are really cheep which Is a bonus

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:57 pm

I'll have a look at Debenhams, don't think there's an ASDA anywhere near where we'll be though :( ... I don't mind if it's not 100% cotton but am just not into lace etc :roll:.
If I see something I like on figleaves I can have it delivered to my MIL in time for our next visit and post it back if it doesn't fit :giggle:, good tip!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:07 pm

I really like Next bras - but Debenhams are great for variety and fitting if you are going in store. Marks and Spencers arent bad either - but some of their bras a bit dodgy looking - I bought a couple of unwired maternity bras a few weeks ago and they are appalling looking, my boobies point outwards in them :hohoho:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:13 pm

I like H&M and Next bras when Im not wearing nursing ones :) Both comfy and practical and 100% not lacey :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:18 pm

M&S or Debenhams get my vote, they just fit me really well. Debenhams gel filled give me some cleavage bra's are great and I need all the help I can get :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:29 pm

eviesmummy wrote:I really like Next bras - but Debenhams are great for variety and fitting if you are going in store. Marks and Spencers arent bad either - but some of their bras a bit dodgy looking - I bought a couple of unwired maternity bras a few weeks ago and they are appalling looking, my boobies point outwards in them :hohoho:

:hohoho: That's why I try everything on first! You just never know what you might end up with :giggle:

Kirsty I saw those gel ones on their website :shock: :giggle: ... also that they recommend replacing your bras every 6 months ... have definitely had mine a whisker longer than that :lookround:

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:58 pm

rhead wrote: ... also that they recommend replacing your bras every 6 months ... have definitely had mine a whisker longer than that :lookround:

:shock: :giggle: :giggle: I've just treated myself to a few new bras for the same reason, mine were either nursing or *ahem* a bit dated :lol: My latest ones are from La Senza, but I also like Debenhams and Bravissimo. I have to have plenty of wire and structure though otherwise my huge boobs just aren't contained :oops: :giggle:

Next

Return to Mums Things