hf1

Mini pill Q's TMI warning

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Mini pill Q's TMI warning

Postby mabo » Sun May 04, 2008 1:15 pm

OK, I am totally fed up with the almost constant irregular bleeding I am experiencing whilst taking Cerazette. It happened to me last time I took it after having Joshua but switched before the wedding as I wanted to know EXACTLY when I'd come on and wasnt BF anymore.

I'm still BF Anna now and I really dont know for how much longer but I've had enough of it. Even DH said last night I should stop taking it as he too is fed up :wink: :oops: :lol: the past couple of weeks I've had breakthrough bleeds lasting a whole week every other week.
As predicted, it started whilst we were on the plane to SA but it had stopped by the time we reached Mauritius so I was still able to swim there. But it came back again on the flight home :evil: I'm NOT happy!

I've done some research on Cerazette and irregular bleeds seem quite common in this pill - do any of you take another brand and DONT experience it? The other common side-effect is moodswings, and although I dont particularly think I suffer from those, who knows, I might well be more of a moody cow whilst taking it. :roll: I'd like to go to my GP armed with a different suggestion if there is one

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Mini pill Q's TMI warning

Postby Rae » Sun May 04, 2008 1:54 pm

I was taking cerazette, and got fed up with all the breakthru bleeds I was getting. They were light but they would last for a week, so I'd be 1 week on, 1 week off. I'm on microgynon now for 4 months, and the big thing is that I only bleed once a month, and that's when I'm on the week break from taking the pill. For me, it is a much better pill than cerazette.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun May 04, 2008 2:08 pm

I was taking Cerrazette and it made me a crazy woman. I have now switched to another mini pill called Noriday and it so far (have been on for 2 months) seems fine, I have had regular bleeds, no major mood swings (no more than normal anyway :hohoho: ) and I am much more 'normal' than I was on cerazette!

hth

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat May 10, 2008 10:10 am

microgynon worked ok for me when I was on it but I don't think you can take it while bf... I thought only the progesterone only pills were safe for bf?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat May 10, 2008 11:54 am

Microgynon is a combined pill (basically if you take a 7 day pill break then it is combined), mini pills are the safe ones during bf and they are taken every day (so 28 in a pack!)

I was on microgynon before I started my family and found it ok too!

jan x

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Sat May 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Yes I was on microgynon before starting TTC too without any probs

I've now stopped taking Cerazette and will make an appointment with my GP at some point.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat May 10, 2008 12:45 pm

It took around 2 months for me to feel 'better' and 'normal' again after I stopped taking it!

I was going to have the Impanon implant thing until I found it is the same hormone as the cerezette :roll:

I have been on Noriday for 2 months and a bit now and so far so good! (apparently Noriday isn't automatically offered so you may have to specifically ask for alternatives to the cerezette)

jan x

Return to Mums Things