hf1

How many CSP makes a stash? and recommendations pls

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How many CSP makes a stash? and recommendations pls

Postby sweetiepups » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 pm

I had never even heard of CSP before I had my little man.

But now as a committed to cloth user, I would like to convert to CSP and also maybe use a mooncup too.

AF is back yet. DS is 10months old but still bfing a fair bit, so maybe she will stay away for a while. But in the meantime, I am slowing building up a CSP stash.

I have :twisted: AFs and was under a gynae for what I suspect they were going to tell me is endometriosis, so am looking for some very reliable heavy CSP.

Any advice fab ladies of the Tree?

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: How many CSP makes a stash? and recommendations pls

Postby choccylisa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Have a look in wahm wonders, LoobyLu's has just started making csp and they're lovely :D Puddlekins do them, so do Wee Notions.

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 pm

choccylisa wrote:Have a look in wahm wonders, LoobyLu's has just started making csp and they're lovely :D Puddlekins do them, so do Wee Notions.

:giggle: already got 2 of those OTW :giggle:
I bought a Puddlekins one but I seem to have mislaid it temporarily :roll:
Think I got some WNs from my TNG monthly club.

I think I have about 8 or 9 pads now but I have no idea how many I need for a workable stash.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm pondering the same with post partum pads atm :-? Having never used them I'm not really sure how many to get. Depends on how often you're going to wash them - I'll probably do my usual ones every three days with my nappy wash, but pp I'll likely do them every other day, so am thinking if I'm heavy then say 8 a day inc overnight, need 2 days of stash ready while 2 days are drying, so 32 for post partum really. Do the same with how many you'd usually use in a day inc overnight.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Have you had a look on luxury moon? Lots of nice goodies there. I must say my new favourates are Homestead emporium they are lush. The ultimini pads are great for heavy flow.

Im not sure how many is a usable stash...ive got a a few lol

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:17 pm

I have no idea how many make a workable stash, I do have more than I need tbh. I like to have choice :D
I have Puddlekins, LLS, Jimmy Riddles and have some Loobylu's on order.
I agree that Luxury moon is a good place to look.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:29 pm

I can be quite heavy for the first 3 days. I don't have my ideal workable stash yet but going on what I do have, I would have 3 x 9" heavy for each heavy day & 1 x 11" heavy night for each night so that's 12. Then I have 2 days where 2 x 9" normal & 1 night time each so that makes 18 & then I reckon about 6 liners. I don't have that many but I wash nappies every second day so I make my stash work.

Sorry if that was a bit overshare but sometimes it helps to hear what works for another person :oops: :oops:

Get wool backed as I find the fleece back isn't as reliable on heavy days. Also, it made a huge difference to my cramping so I'm sure you'll be glad you made the choice to switch.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:33 pm

HighlandMum wrote:Have you had a look on luxury moon? Lots of nice goodies there. I must say my new favourates are Homestead emporium they are lush. The ultimini pads are great for heavy flow.

Im not sure how many is a usable stash...ive got a a few lol

How did you find the pp pads you've got Jenna? Are they fleece backed? Haven't got any wool backed, only fleece backed that I've made or bought from LoobyLu's.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Most of mine were fleece backed and were fantastic. I had Hollow oak nights, titches stitches pp, homestead emporium ultiminis and some home made ones. My pp flow wasnt too bad (just went on for weeks and weeks) but ive had my first af and that was awful and the pads coped fantastically well.

Next

Return to Mums Things